People in glass houses?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Whatever next!

Today's Diario Libre carries a story about a planned reality TV programme called 'La Casa de Cristal' which will consist of a couple living in a glass house on Calle El Conde (main pedestrianised shopping street in the Zona Colonial in SD) for 33 days. The TV company (Telecentro) appealed for volunteers, and so far 200 have applied, the majority female. According the the article, most of the female hopefuls stated that they are motivated by the promise of an 'unique experience' and would prefer their male partner to be 'un hombre dominicano "indio", atl?tico, y sobre todo divertido'. The male applicants mentioned the RD$100,000 cash prize as their main incentive but did not dismiss the possibility of falling in love with their female counterpart...

Do we have any volunteers?

Is this lunacy an original idea or is it adapted from some other reality TV show?

Chiri

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This has been done all over the world...the last one I heard of was done in Puerto Rico...but even in Argentina and Uruguay they've had this show!!!

Not original...but in DR it's definetely going to be more interesting!!!

If it's true that Dominicans can't go on for too long without sex, can you imagine 33 days in a glass house???

Ooohh, I want to see that!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
MQ - unfortunately I doubt that this will start soon enough for you to take it in during your imminent visit. Another question: based on your knowledge of this programme's precursors, are the participants really completely exposed? Surely there are some things that can't be shown on TV!

Chiri

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
No, MQ, it's not true. Dominicans are just like anybody else. Don't believe the hype. We can go without sexual contact for as long as we want. See, we are powerful, too.

-Jose?to

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Are y'all sure that going without sex is a virtue?

Is it any more embarrassing than simply using the bathroom?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Jose?to...come on, who are you trying to kid?

Chiri...didn't you ever see "Big Brother"?...It's something like that...

Except for the TV show, where they edit most of the "personal" stuff...they just leave enough to the imagination... in Glass House...people can just go by and see the action LIVE!!!

Jan...I think you should patent your idea...and make some money off of it!!!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I managed to avoid both Big Brother (UK) and Gran Hermano (Spain) but watched some of 'I'm a Celebrity, get me out of here' (UK) last summer which was trash, but compelling nonetheless, as these things are. Most of what I know about all this reality TV stuff comes from Ben Elton's book 'Dead Famous' which is based on Big Brother (UK). In the book they have cameras even in the bathrooms - was that the case in the real programme? But there must be laws of public decency in the DR that would prohibit the programme makers from having people use the toilet and shower naked in public. How did they get round that in the other versions?

Chiri

Petaka

Nov 8, 2002
Can you see them do this?

<div align="center">
toilet.gif
</div>

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
MQ...

But I'm claiming the opposite: we can go on without sex for ever and a day.

-Jose?to

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What Osama Bin Laden is "PROOF" of, is that.....

"Saddam" "Screws" Camals!!!!..I'm sure Osama is having pleanty of sex in the mountains of Afghanistan,lots of sheep,goats,and Taliban "Butt Boys"!CRIS

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Further proof is the huge number of American men suffering from prostate cancer - and getting the wrong kind of treatment for it.

Unfortunately, though (and sadly), even the best (preventative) treatment doesn't prevent it all the time.

Lee-Lee

Oct 17, 2002
joseto..... did they bitch slap you on the wrong side of the body when you were born or what?

sheesh

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
LEE-LEE, I WILL NEVER have sex with you. So stop trying. Besides, I'm MamIndie's man, and I DON'T cheat. And to think I had been so nice to you. You must be trying to get on their good side.

ROBERT...and you banned Leonardo? Thanks for letting me post here. You DA man. Thick syrup, anyone?

-Jose?to
I love my Haitian brothers and sisters

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Yes, what have you got against Jose?to? I think he's cool!

(Indie please don't take this the wrong way ....)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
When will this take place?

I would get a kick out of seeing that glass house with the residents when I am in the DR in a couple of weeks. I know it won't be there then but does anyone know when this event is supposed to take place. I have a little bit of voyeuristic streak as many possess as well. That street is so busy there will be no privacy, lol. Joseito, what is wrong with you man. Have fun and follow your natural instincts. Don't tell me that you prefer to not have sex, I find that very disturbing for the male race. I have a feeling that is a common occurrence for you ;) Sarcastic humor before you decide to take what I say the wrong way.
dale7(sex-crazed maniac, 24/7)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The article in today's paper didn't mention dates, but I'll keep an eye open and let you know, dale7.

What has life come to? Without realising I have become DR1's trash TV pundit...

Chiri