Horseback Riding/ Waterfall

harold10

Feb 12, 2003
We will be staying in Sosua for one week at the beginning of May. We would like to take an excursion that includes horseback riding and/or a trip to a waterfall. Are there any excurions available in the Sosua area for these activities?

Also, what's the weather like in Sosua in May?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Yep

There is a place in sosua that runs excursions and one of them is a trip to Jarabacoa where you can horseback ride to a waterfall.I cant remember the name of the place but the day trip runs about $30 per person.
Larry

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
To be really meaningful, maybe you need more than just a "day trip". The falls are in the mountains far away from Sosua.

Maybe you'd be better off going first to the target area, Jarabacoa or wherever, and arranging your own trip.

Would seeing the country be part of the reason, rather than just the fall itself? What is the makeup of your group?

The weather in May should not yet be as hot and humid as from June thru October. It may rain sometimes, but probably only for an hour or so.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
You have information right here at DR1 "Travel" about waterfalls. East of Sosua there is a location, the El Limon waterfall, located on the Samana Peninsula on the road between Las Terrenas and Samana. You can walk to the site or go by horse back from the raod. Also, you can swim in the pool at the base of the waterfall. It is a good day trip from Sosua if you include a visit to Las Terrenas and/or Samana. May is the start of the rainy season, don't worry, expect some afternoon showers, there will still be plenty of sun to go around. Regards, PJT

http://dr1.com/travel/samana/

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Falls?

Hi harold10,

Greetings from Atlantic Canada.

The falls most referred to in the POP area are the Damajagua Falls near Imbert to the southwest of POP. This is a series of 27 (I believe) falls of which most tourists only see 6 or 7. One of the jeep type tours takes people there and there are tours which go only there. In addition many people hire a driver for the day and this becomes part of their day. I can recommend a driver if that is the way you want to go. Just e-mail me.

Any way you choose, have a great trip.

Gregg