Taxi rates from Puerto Plata to Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

POPGrl

Oct 30, 2002
Are the taxis from Puerto Plata to Cabarete still $300 pesos? Or since the peso has decreased in value....are they asking more than $400 pesos each way? I am not sure if they raise their prices to pick up for the falling peso rates? :alien:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
POPGirl, the latest published figure for taxis from POP to Cabarete is RD$350. However, as you saw in the dr1 news brief yesterday, rates for public transportation have been increased. It is possible that the taxi union will take this opportunity to raise their prices, also.

Regarding taxis from the airport, that is a different kettle of fish. They seem to charge as much as they can get away with, keeping in mind that the people who need transport from their have no other alternative than renting a car. To illustrate, at same time that people were reporting paying 400 pesos for a cab from the airport to Sosua, I went to the airport to pick up the mother of a friend in Samana. To be sure of having a cab, I took one from Sosua, had the driver wait for the arrival of the plan, then traveled back to Sosua. I paid a total of RD$500, or RD$250 each way.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Also Keep in Mind

At +/- 25 to 1 a 100 RD$ difference (if it is that now) is $4 for a taxi ride. Not worth worrying about. Remember to tip and not a dollar either.

POPGrl

Oct 30, 2002
I am not worried at all about the low cost of the taxi ride. I have been there too many times to not worry about spending money here and there. I was having a converstion with someone and I was just curious to know how the devaluation of the peso if affecting prices of things such as taxi's etc.

:) A couple days to go and I will be back in warm weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.