Allergy Problems here in D.R.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I have lately been having these what appears to be allergy attacks...where my eyes itch and water...my skin itches. Does anyone else experience this here and if so what have you found on the market here in terms of allergy relief medicine.

I found some Benedryl 50...but makes me terribly sleepy.

Thanks much.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I have a problem, but symptoms not as severe as yours. I take Zyrtec daily.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Don't know if they are available here, but Allegra and Claritin are also good choices.

DOMINICANA

Feb 7, 2003
Allegra gives some people headaches
Zyrtec or Clarytin - D are both very good (I prefer Clarytin). If your eyes get very red and itchy might want to try Naphcon A (refreshing eye drops).

also try a mild oatmeal soap for the skin.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Both Zyrtec and ZyrtecD are available here, depending on whether you need a decongenstent. Take Zyrtec 10mg once a day and ZyrtecD 5 mg twice a day. No prescription needed for either

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
Pib,
Is the Allegra price for a 30 day supply? I paid a $20 copay in the US for 30 days. In addition to my astronomical insurance coverage costs.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A 10 day supply mainer. I don't have a cronic condition, I am having a reaction to something that I don't normally encounter, so it will (HOPEFULLY) go away within the 10 days.

I still feel like crap though.

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
I use both Allegra and Claratin. But claratin is my favorite. I have never bought it here. I brought a years supply from USA. When I went back to visit I got more and now my moms coming and bringing me more. I get samples from my Doc in USA so it doesn't cost anything. But the few drugs I bought here have been so much cheeper than in USA. And I haven't needed a perscription yet.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Most Dominican Men are extremely "ALERGIC" to Physical Labor!!!!

What they do to "Aleviate" their condition is this; Sit in small groups in shady areas in front of Colmados.Play Dominoes! Drink lots of "Presidente","Brugal",and if any thoughts of working ever enter their heads,doubtful!, drink a "Beeper" of "MacAlbert Whiskey"! Now since this is a "Chronic Condition" in the DR you must follow the same proceedures daily to prevent any urge to work! Need I say that all the "Treatments" are not effective unless taken while "Bachata" is played loud enough to rupture the eardrums of anyone not born in thr Dominican Republic ?CRIS

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Thanks all...

I appreciate all the input on this subject. Hoping this problem goes away soon.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
air purifiers

I have a friend who bought a couple of air purifiers for his house. I can really tell the difference with my allergies when I walk in(sinus allergies). I have thought about buying one for our bedroom since my wife and I both are somewhat affected. However, at a cost of $200 and up, plus electricity and filter costs, they are not a "casual expense."