Is there a strong Philly contingent?

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
What with 2 news stories this week linking www.philly.com and numerous mentions of Philly flight connections in postings, I just gotta think that there's a little relief from this dreadful cold winter were having around here . ( Suffering the pain of sunshine withdrawall in southern (UGH!) New Jersey ).

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
oooooops

Before someone gets the wrong idea, I posted that message before I read the thread on Senor Pena Gomez and his Philly connection. That's not the type of contingent I want to make contact with. Just looking for a fix of DR warmth while the snow is flying outside.

E

eye4photography

Well I'm here in good ole 20 inches of snow Philadelphia. (Man how I really wish I was in DR right now!) I know of no connection between here and DR but I was informed by a friend who married a woman from Cuba (hence his interest as a Gringo in Latin Culture <heh>) that Lancaster, PA has the fastest growing Latino community in the States. That's not to say it's the biggest, just the fastest growing. <Truth in that statement has not been verified so take it as you will>

Maybe that community is predominately Dominican or maybe we are more sick of the snow than the rest of the country <lol>!

For those who don't know, Lancaster is a suburb about and hour+ outside of Philadelphia.

-eye-

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
I'm visualizing the Amish and Latino community dancing the merengue together. Would you like a Presidente with your Shoo Fly Pie sir?

E

eye4photography

You know I forgot about that. There is a Consulate here. Hmm...

So does that mean I don't have to go to DR to meet the future Mrs. <grin>!

-eye-

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
I'm going outside with my yardstick right now to see if Southern Jersey's got philly beat in the snow dept!

I wish I knew how they post pictures within these replies. ( I bet there's someone out there clever enough to know that. ) I've got a good shot of the white stuff, ( in case anyone's forgotten what it looks like ).

Dominican consulate, hmmmm! that's a pretty good connection. I think I'll try to find it on my next swing through there. Which by the way maybe on the 23rd. This morning while flipping channels surfing the snow reports, the WYBE public service announcements had a Dominican event pasted up, but I wasn't quick enough. Something this Sunday though.

Lancaster PA. I can make sense of that. 1 hard-working minority helping out another 1. But whoulda' thunk it. I'll keep tabs on that. Thanks for the tip.

E

eye4photography

Here's my contribution...

In front of my house...
outfront.jpg

Man he's gonna have a hard time finding his car!
wheresmycar.jpg

This is one of two busses I spotted that were stuck!
getoutandpush.jpg

I miss you DR!

-eye-

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Good Post!

Thanks for the Pics. The same here in Mt. Laurel but don't know yet how to post a picture. Todo buenos para ti.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Well, it's no better here in Connecticut! Just finished snow blowing two feet of snow with four foot drifts out of the driveway! The only good thing that happened today is I am now only four days and a wake-up away from the Coral Marien in Puerto Plata!
Life Is Good!!
John:cool:

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
johnsr

Have fun. I'm sure you'll have a good time. I just moved from Ct. , Norwalk. I still come back regularly. You from anywhere near there?

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
We live in Stratford, just down the road from Norwalk. Time to go work (SUCKS)!
John:surprised