looking for advices

mike-mike

Feb 16, 2003
Hello everyone!
am moving to Santo Domingo with my girlfriend in three weeks time. We will be working in the Naco area.
We will be looking for a flat to rent for up to 12 months.
Could you advice me on flat hunting/how much I should expect to rent a flat for/ which areas to look for, avoid...
Is 10000 pesos/month each enough to live on?
Please give me any advice you could have.
Thank you very much!
Mike

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Mike,

There is a lot of information in the archive regarding all of your questions. You should specially read a recent post by Timex that is now a sticky on the top of the page.

Use the search function and then ask more specific questions.

People on the board are generally very good helping people, but only after they've done their homework.

jojocho

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
10000 pesos a month is very little money for 2 people to live on. A cheap apartment will cost 5K alone and your food and electric bill will use up the rest...

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
He did say each.

sjh said:
10000 pesos a month is very little money for 2 people to live on. A cheap apartment will cost 5K alone and your food and electric bill will use up the rest...

So 10,000 each is 2 times very little money to live on.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
It is not enough

SJH is right on 10,000 is pretty minimal , in fact substandard, so 2X that amount is akinto I poke you in the left eye and then if you are lucky I poke you in the right eye too.

10,000/25 or 26 to the US$ is only $392 a month each. The cost of living is not all that different form a USA moderate town or city. So in Omaha how well will $784 last per month for you?

Hello.....food bank.

Read by searching but this is grossly inadequate planning IMHO - have you even BEEN here before? Moving without knowing this basic budgetary issue is kind of unplanned sounding.