RSVP to MommC - Juan Dolio Reunion

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Here's the OFFICIAL sign in sheet.........

Please indicate also if Hotel reservations necessary with a capital Y/N and S for single or D for Double -see details in the DR1 Reunion at the Jaragua thread.

Also please indicate Indian or MommC as to which you would prefer food wise!

If MommC's feast is the winner could some of you bring some music CD's........?? I managed to "leave" as in "forget" all mine back in Canada!!

So your reply should look something like this....

MommC (2ppl) N I

Thanks a bunch!

;) ;) :confused:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola MommC

Hotel Y, Double

Food? what ever you decide, But my wife said that, If you are cooking, lets us know. She will call you and ask if you want her to make a something to bring.

Thanks
Timex

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Thanx Timex & Mrs. T, however.......

I think the food part is covered whether I do it or not (been awhile since I cooked for a crowd and the maid is new this year but she'll learn by baptism by fire) but I've been keeping a lean bar this year in deferrence to a couple of friends who are trying (not to well) to stay "on the wagon" so that's why I've asked that everyone BYOB (bring your own booze) and whatever you mix it with other than ice which I'll have tons of!
PoppaTony and I do the whine thingy and finish off the bottle in one or two sittings so the bar is pretty bare except for glasses, cards,paper plates, etc!! "Course I got a five gallon jug of wine "cooking" on the balconey but unfortunately it won't be ready to bottle or drink for another couple of weeks!! :)

Have Mrs. T call Marena for the room reservation as she should get a better rate than I posted (hubby asked for an employee rate since he works at the dive centre located at Marena but it's independent so he didn't qualify - ah well....he tried!!)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
BTW - Jojocho has company but said he'd stop by later for a drink to meet everyone.......I think you already know each other (?? or am I forgetting again????).
Damn I hate getting older.....guess I should quit painting my hair and get out in the sun more to grow more wrinkles so I look like the rest of me!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Whatever you drink of course!!

After all you'll be drinking it!
I'll have coolers with ice (at least one) and pails too to keep everything cold. I'll probably make a pitcher or two of iced tea and of course I should have some juices on hand (maybe even fresh squeezed if I have time!). I have an instant hot water dispenser so hot tea (mainly the herbal kinds) will be readily available and of course I'll serve coffee.......

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Hey MommC,

I know which one is your building, but I have no idea which one is your apartment. I guess I'll hear it once I get there ;)

Jojocho

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Rafael.......no hay problemo!!

This Saturday......hasta la 7 PM (for cocktails). Dinner about 8 PM..
Condominio Las Gaviotas, al frente Punta Garza, al lado de Minimercado Naito - Japonese. Esq. uscita para Playa Juan Dolio/Los Conucos (I think that's how you say it!!!)

Coming from Santo Domingo the entrance to the back parking lot is just after the road sign for Punta Garza and just before the turn to Playa Juan Dolio/Los Conucos on the right hand side of the road.
Coming from San Pedro you're better turning towards the playa and parking on the beach road (turn right).

If there's lots of people we'll set up by the pool. If just a few we'll set up in the apt and spare my neighbours the noise. The Apt. # is B2

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for the info! I was planning to go to Santiago for the weekend, but I'll see if I can talk my novia into changing plans!
She used to work at Playa Real and knows Juan Dolio pretty well.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Here's the list so far......

HB & son
Rob
Cleef
Timex & Mrs T.
MommC & PoppaTony
Crazy Canuck & Mrs. Crazy
Pib
Own Rules
Jojocho
Dolores (still waiting to hear how many "family")
Rafael

and maybe Becky red11

Have I missed anyone??
Anyone else coming?????

The cook (that would be me.....) needs to know for a market run in the morning!!!

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
MommC

No overnight stay for moi, but I do have a question.

Planning on spending the afternoon sunning/bathing taking pics in the area and I was wondering if the beach there is private and/or if at some point we could use the pool in your condo?

And if so, who do we speak to when we get there?

BTW, if anyone else is interested in doing same that afternoon, please let me/us know.

Thanx in advance, see ya there!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Public beach is right across the street........

with stairs to access it beside Il Cappucino (turn left at the beach road rather than right).
The pool is private and unfortunately the cerrano will not let you use it unless the condo owner is there (we passed the rule several years ago to prevent "friends" from dropping in when the owners were not home as there are no outside washroom facilities so you know where the 50 people that would show up every weekend were doing their business!!).
I'll be golfing with the rest of those who will be playing at Guavaberry so will not be home until later in the afternoon (most likely around 4 - 4:30) so you are welcome to spend some time on the beach, have a cappucino/coffee at Il cappucino or a cerveza then drop in by the pool after I get home!!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
MommC

Dolores's group will be 3 adults and 3 kids.

Let me know what you want us to bring?

Thanks for putting this together, it's going to be lots of fun!

By the way, anyone that has RSVP and doesn't turn up will be banned :devious:

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
If I can make it, it will be 2 of us, as my novia would come along. Maybe I can just drive to La Vega on sunday for Carnival.
I will post later today if I am definitely coming. I will need to reschedule our santiago trip which I promised my novia for her birthday. I would love to finally meet some DR1 members in person!!!!

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
This is not fair!!! You can't have a reunion without the Queen!!!

Promise we are all going to get together again for my b-day, April 4th...???

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Thanks, MommC, sounds like a plan.

BTW, as the others, I'd like to know what you'd like for me to bring. It could be just about anything -- within limits. Blow-up dolls and other related paraphernalia, are too much of personal a choice for me to get involved in ;)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gosh....Msn has a byline today that reads;

"how to throw a Dinner Shindig for 8"

Now if it said 28 maybe it would be some help to me for Saturday.......!!!!!

Actually I think there's only going to be about 23-25 of us but what the hay!!

Hope you can make it Rafael......

Amber is going to try to make it later as will Jojocho.....

MQ - What can I say!!! I'll still be here the 4th of April so 'Come on DOWN!!

Maybe we'll take up a collection to fund the next one here in Juan Dolio........otherwise I just might have to postpone going home for awhile :) ;)!

Rob......just bring anything that you and Dolores crew would like to drink......I'll have a limited supply of beverages on hand but lots of coolers to put them in!!

Anyone who's here early can help set up around the pool so remember to bring bathing suits if you want to swim. I should be home around 4-4:30!

Note to HB: Most of the greens at Guavaberry slope front to back (15 out of 18 I think) so they can be a tad difficult to hit!!