The Dominican Anti-war thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Since no one wanted to start this one I figure I might. Before I begin I want it to be known that I am not pro-Hussein as I'm sure no one in here is. That being said I have to say that I'm tire of the same old Sh@$ about how quickly Europe has forfotten. Don't get me wrong here, I do think that there needs to be some gratitude shown and a lot of respect for the great old U.S but some of you are making it sound like all the nations that were rescued by the U.S should become U.S slaves for the rest of their existence! How do some of you justify that? Do they not have the right to their opinion just because they owe the U.S big time? Look, the fact of the matter is that I respect what France, Germany and some of the other nations on the security council are doing. They have a right to their opinion. They don't have to follow U.S policy blindly just because of past aid that the U.S was able to give or is that what we are saying?

Now, as a Dominican American I will say that if I am drafted I will gladdly defend this nation as my own for it is my own. However, I do have a few problems with our President here just like I have tons and tons of problems with the so-called president of the DR. Golo, you talk so great about "The Big George" but what you are failing to see is what we are going through here. Medical Insurance is hardly affordable anymore and your "George" is not paying a quarter of the attention to that...that he is paying to the Iraq situation. We have had tax cuts and now have more proposals for more tax cuts but again people don't see that this not going to benefit the American that really needs it. It helps those with the big wallets who in turn are not going to spend it therefore it does nothing to stimulate the economy. And I won't even go into the fact that since there are tax cuts at the federal level states have to raise their taxes to be able to provide every citizen with their basic needs. My point here is that while Mr. Bush wants to spend billions of our tax money (while cutting taxes) over a war with Iraq he fails to address the issues at home. I have no problem with getting rid of Saddam and I wish that there was a way to do that without having to shed any blood but he cannot be a president who only cares about foreign policy while avoiding all the problems at home. And if you don't think that I have a valuable point then ask the thousands of americans who have no job or medical insurance for their loved ones. And while they have no job and desperate in some cases all they listen to everyday is how we need to go to war but nothing about creating new jobs or dealing with medical insurance or social security. There is a lot going on here that you Mr. Golo don't know about. I have a lot of respect for you as a poster who usually gives well founded information but just because you keep up with the news and the fact that you used to live here doesn't make you an expect on what's really happening. That being said I think that whether it's those Dominicans who marched to protest the war or anyone else around the world everyone has a right to their own opinion without having to be thrashed by anyone else who thinks theirs is law!

DR_DEFENDER

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Right now, you better find a stronger slant than this, this has zero to do with the DR and a whole lot to do with your views on G. Bush and TW's opinion of him.

It's the moderators call!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
"Now, as a Dominican American I will say that if I am drafted I will gladdly defend this nation as my own for it is my own. However, I do have a few problems with our President here just like I have tons and tons of problems with the so-called president of the DR. Golo, you talk so great about "The Big George" but what you are failing to see is what we are going through here. "

What the hell are you going through in the US? Please explain your sorry ass away so we can all understand. Jesus where do these people come from?

Jesus go back to the DR. Your opinion is just boring and you are a whiner with nothing to say. How are your food stamps holding up? How many more years do you have to wait for SS you ungratefull ingrate.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
JUst like a "Wolf In Sheep's Clothing",

This is a thread about the United States and it's President and it's "Problems".I posted that I close threads that don't have "Dominican Roots",and that saying that we all live on the same "PLanet" does not make it "Dominican Related"! I don't see a "Future" for this Thread either! CRIS

Apr 26, 2002
Here's a connection: It's well known on the street that Dominican Yorks willing to serve in the US military will have their residency status fixed, regardless of any irregularities. How many, though, will fight?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
what good is the residency status when you will end up in the front line with the african americans and some whites from the lower socio-economical levels.
Your greencard will be a one way ticket to hell.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.