Help. Has anyone stayed at any RCI properties in the DR?

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
We're visiting the DR for the 1st time next week and I'm already thinking about our next trip. We do have RCI points, but we're not using them this trip. (at least I can honestly tell the timeshare sellers, lo siento, we already have a time share) We're only going down for a week, and I just wanted the ease of an AI. We're staying at the IB Punta Cana.

After following the DR1 board for a while and reading about how everyone loves this country so much (Gilded Pegasus' and wild interest rates not withstanding!), I would like to explore a lot more next time. The RCI properties I see listed in the books are all in areas a significant distance away from Punta Cana, so site visits are not really practical. I'd rather get in a little more beach and snorkelling time!

I did see a post at one point that mentioned RCI, but of course I couldn't find it when I wanted to re-read it. The search engine won't accept strings of less than four characters.

Could anyone give me some feedback?

Gracias, merci and thanks!

claires_auntie

Feb 17, 2003
I'm not sure if you are aware of the RCI site? You can check resorts out by location, as well as whatever amnities you may like.

It's www.rci.com

Hope that is some help!

auntie

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
Yes, I have seen the site and I've looked at the amenities. I was looking for people to provide me with information about what the places are really like. Building and room condition, if any of them are near interesting places to explore explore.

Here's a list of some of the properties:
Samana Bay Village, Club Viva Dominicus Palace, La Cana Vacation Club, LTI Sol de Plata, Melia Tropical, Paradise Beach Club, Playa Naco Golf &Tennis