Codetel [again]? Internet Flash account. Exist? Available?

T

TiberiusMineola

I've been trying to get an internet flash account from Codetel since mid December 2002; yes 2 months. I've visited the Puerto Plata Codetel office, filled out applications, faxed applications, & waited, & waited, & waited, . . .. The Codetel representtavie - Rafael Delgado 220-4106 - has refused to return my phone calls for 2, 3 weeks. His voice mail works, but little else. I notice on Codetel's web site that there is an active promotion, including bonus discounts, for any customer signing up for internet flash. Has anyone opened this type account in the past 90 days? In Puerto Plata? How? Please help. Thank you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why not call their toll free number-220-1111, "datos" option and tell them you want to sign up for internet flash.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Good advice Ken

Except the people that answer the Codetel toll free line are morons. Go to the local Codetel office in person and cause a ruckus. It took me 2 months to get Flash, but I have it now. Always ask for a manager, the "troops" will always say "manana".

T

TiberiusMineola

Internet Application?? Realistic

Visiting Codetel's Internet Flash site [www.codetel.net.do/flash/disponible] I noticed for the 1st time that Codetel has an on-line application process. I tried it [on Feb. 21, 2003]. Will it work? Probably not. Has anyone ever used the on-line application procedure? Successfully? Otherwise? Does Codetel monitor the DR1 message boards? Why not? How do you say "customer satisfaction" in Spanish? Que viva La Republica!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
trust me

You need to go to a Codetel office in person and demand to speak to a supervisor. Tell them your uncle is a top level Verizon exec and when he finds out how customers are treated down here, some heads will roll. Then politely ask for their name;-)

When I finally got one woman that helped me to a degree, I made sure she knew I'd put in a good word for her with my "uncle";-)

It took me 2 months of frustration to get service. Installed it myself and still had to wait another week for them to activate it!

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
I must be a very fortunate anomaly. Saw their Flash ad, went to their office in Tiradentes, signed service contract, bought the kit, installed it myself and was up and running in two days.

It's been three months now with nary a problem.

Hmm...maybe I shouldn't say it so loud ;)

T

TiberiusMineola

Online Application, Update!!

A week after applying on line for an Internet Flash account, it's business as usual. On Moncay, a Codetel employee telephoned me in response to my online application; he said he'd call back in 15". I called him again on Tuesday; he'll call back in 15". On Wednesday, . . . . [you get the idea]. How does Codetel stay in business. Foreigners with money are trying to give their $ to Codetel; the same old song & dance seems to be repeated endlessly! Why? When will the DR gov't allow foreign phone companies to enter the DR? If this comes to pass, I predict Codetel will be in Chap. 11 in 18 months. Is there no hope? Que viva la Republica!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Codetel is a foreign phone company (of sorts) :)

It's unfortunate, but you just have to be persistent or know someone higher up the ladder that can actually make a decision.

You think that's fun? Ever had to chase companies for money? Now we are talking real fun :)