El Magnifico

hahol

Jan 16, 2003
On thursday Feb.6th we visited the El Magnifico and reserved for three nights i.e. the 10,11,and 12 of Febuary 2003. Unit 13, second floof with beautifull view of the ocean, kitchen and TV. We dealt directly with G?rard H?bert the general manager.

On the morning of the 10th at 10 o'clock we showed up from Samana only to be told to come back after 2 and then we could check in.

At 2 o'clock, we showed up and were told that we had been moved to another unit. This one had a beautifull view of a cement wall and no television. I complained that the unit that I had reserved was on the second floor and I missed the view and did not appreciate the first floor. Fine, the employee then offered the bedroom of the penthouse then I would have a view. True but at the expense of the kitchen and of the tv set if I accepted this offer.

Mr H?bert said he rented our unit because someone wanted it for 2 weeks. He did not respect his word and refused to honour his commitment to us.

I went next door to the Velentro, which is probably one of the best places in Cabarete. They treated us as visiting royalty and Mario and Diane are negotiable.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
That's surprising as I have had pleasant stays at El Magnifico. What was the price of the place next door?