La Casa de Cristal: where is the hardship?

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
US$50,000 is a nice chunk of change as they say. I haven't followed much of the the reality TV fad since Big Brother bored me half to death when I used to visit London frequently. The French version "Loft Story" does a better job playing on the national culture and the popularity of the American TV show "Friends," but that's another story.

But, the Glass House seems to be the real prize. At first US$50,000 struck me as a bigger prize than necessary to attract contestants. After I learned that the house is equipped with full time power and water, central air-conditioning, and working major applicances, I better understood the reasoning for the prize amount. Anything less and you wouldn't be able to get the contestants out of the house!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Oh,if only it were $50,000 US Dollars!!!!!!!!

Then you would see my big fat US "ASS" down there in the "Glass House"!!!!! "Alas fair "Arturo" you are wrong! It is 50,000 Dominican pesos if you can last the month.That is $2,000 US dollars now,might be a lot less in 30 days! Cris,Someone who knows the "difference" between pesos and dollars!!!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccCccccccccccCCCCCCCCC

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Now, that's a whole different pot of peas. For $US2,000 it is a close call. Maybe it is worth them trying to squat there until the National Police eject them.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Considering that $2,000 US is the average yearly pay

at 2,000 pesos a month for millions of dominicans,they should have no shortage of applicants! Running water,cable tv,and "Air",better than "Lo Minas"!!!! CRIS