Software house in DR

aleiva

Feb 25, 2003
I'd like to start a business in DR.
My Idea is to create a software house in Santo Domingo and to sell the products all over the world (Italy above all).
Does anyone know if I can find some young men or women (18 to 30 years) with a knowledge of some programming languages (C++,Java, Visual Basic , and so on..).
I think that, since DR is one of the Latin American nations with the most advanced telecommunications system, it should have a good number of people with good knowledges in Information Technologies.
I'd like to know which is the monthly wage of these people, and the price of a flat in Santo Domingo.

Thanks in advanced to anyone will answer to me.

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Yes you can find people with these skills here, their wage depend (of course) in experience but it range from RD$10,000.00 to RD$25,000.00 (aprox).

EGB

aleiva

Feb 25, 2003
How many money do you think I need to invest to start a similar project (with 5-10 person)?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
aleiva - How long is a piece of string?

If your serious, then you need to get serious, that includes investing the time, money and effort in seeking the real information. Sorry, but it's very hard to make an informed decision based on a message board.

A business like this has too many variables, combine these with the variables that exist in this country and it's almost impossible to give you any advice that a "real" decision can be based on.

What am I saying? Come and visit!

FYI: I can buy excellent C++, PHP, MySQL etc programming out of Russia for 50% of DR rates ;)

egomezb

Feb 17, 2003
Robert is right, a bussines like this has too many variables and it's difficult to make an estimate based just on bogus information.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Aleiva, have you been in the software business before? Running your own software business? Why do you think the DR is the place for such a business? Do you want to write software packages, or offer programming skills to others?

aleiva

Feb 25, 2003
I' actually working in a software house, but it 's not my own business.
I'd like to start a new business, and I have read in this site that DR could be a good place!
Moreover I love the caribbean clima and I'd like to live there, but I don't want to change completely job.
My original idea was to make a business to realize outsourcing project for Italian societies, mantaining conctacts with some consunlting society, and with one ore more commercial people.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
The best is to come and visit and see if your idea is viable. There are programming and developer resources available. Frequently on this board, there are inquiries from technical people who would like to live and work here. I do not know whether you can make your business plan work in such a way that you are competitive with programming rates.

aleiva

Feb 25, 2003
And do you know how could I find some programmers to give them works to do for me??
I could make business with them, making them develop parts of some projects for Italian society.
I could start in a similar mode to know how this programmers work and eventually start a new business in DR.
Whath do you think of this??

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I am a experienced Java programmer and will be living on the North coast in about a month. I might be availible for work under the right conditions.

aleiva

Feb 25, 2003
We are still deciding if stating this new business..
You can send to me your curriculum at aleiva@libero.it.
Tell me something about what you conditions could be OK (I really don't know too much about DR).
Surely I will hold you in consideration if we'll start with this project.