"Passenger" blimp sighted in Santiago.......Thursday

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
......too much bar-b-cue and therefore too lazy to jump into the jeep and go see who is running the blimp that is skirting around Santiago today...but it is clearly visable. Real fun to see !

Dave

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
answering my own thread.....blimp

Just found out that Brugal owns the blimp and it was just brought down a couple weeks ago...they keep it at the old airport...you can buy tickets and get a "scenic" ride around Santiago....looks like a fun "tour" thing to do.

Dave

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You can't buy the tickets. Its not disposible for general public's leasure. They have brugal promotions all over santiago bars / discos. The only way you get to go up on the blimp if you win a ticket or if you are invited by brugal. I was there yesterday and tried hard to get on, but the blimp was full and I didn't have any connections. believe me, I am well connected in santiago and I couldn't get on.
So its not easy to just go up there and buy tickets to the blimp ride. :(
But its worth going there to see the blimp as you will get free brugal to drink, served my lovely promotion girls.
Entrance is from the police station.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Wanna see?

I took this a couple weeks ago from Mirador.

When this baloon has a tail wind it goes at a pretty good clip.

When it's going into a head wind you'd think the pilot has a half dozen IV's of Brugal going into his arm. "They" are all over the place. Pitching and yawing every which way but loose.

I wouldn't step foot on that thing for all the Brugal in the DR.

Brugal Blimp over Santo Domingo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I agree with "Cleef"!

It is only a matter of time till this thing hits some high voltage wires,or a helicopter tries to get some "close-up" pictures,and down it goes!!!Mean time I offer equally interesting "RIDES" on my,"BLIMP" for free,and you will only seem to fly through the air1 Ladies?CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
It was over La Romana on Sunday!!

Definitely one way I wouldn't want to tour the island!!
Wonder where it will turn up next??

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You guys are such typical gringos, scary cats. No wonder dominicans laugh at you.
These blimps are not dangerous. They are not flown by your average street dominican tigres. My god, you folks think the sankies are running this whole country.
This brugal blimp is flown and maintained by americans (white folks like yourself). No dominican touches any operational aspect of this blimp except cute girls giving away tickets to drunks like yourselves.
So hold on to your pants, you have a greater chance of cris colon crashing on your head than a flying brugal blimp.

Last edited: