home exchange to San Francisco Bay Area, CA

Ann W Brown

Feb 27, 2003
Hi Everyone,
Would you like to (or need to) visit northern California this summer? We are a family of 4 (2 teenage sons) looking for a home exchange to the Dominican Republic. We hope to experience life outside the tourist realm and get to know people. We have a beautiful 4 Br, 3.5 Ba home in the Marin County hills with views, deck, hot tub, Previa mini-van, and great music. Our dates and length of stay are flexible. Please visit www.homeexchange.com to see our listing #11019 under San Anselmo, CA. for more details. I hope to have photos posted soon.
If any of you have experience with home exchanging that you would like to share, we welcome your input!
To keep our options open, I would also welcome rental offers that could accomodate us 4, to include kitchen facilities. We are especially interested in great snorkeling, mountain biking, and hiking areas.
Finally, as a teacher, I am interested in volunteer or service projects that we could contribute to during our visit. We believe in giving back to the people, especially children, of the areas we visit.
Many thanks to all who post updates on airfares, car rentals, and driving conditions on the travel forum.
Ann B.

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
I am a teacher here in the DR and I also do some volunteer work with an orphonage for 70 young girls in Santo Domingo. Let me know if this is the kind of thing you want to contribute to.
CMS

Ann W Brown

Feb 27, 2003
Hi CMS,
Yes, i am interested in what you do with the orphanage. I also wonder what your teaching experience is like. When is your school in session? Are you off the months of June, July and August? If you'd like, maybe we can continue corresponding off the list. I'm new to this and am not sure what the protocal is for exchanging e-mail addresses.
Thanks, Ann B.

CMS

Jan 28, 2003
Ann,
I've been teaching internationally now for about 12 years in Morocco, Taiwan, and the DR. Drop me an e-mail at kzigmand@cms.edu.do and we discuss your visit (I know of a few villas that would work well for your family) as well as teaching overseas etc...
Regards,
cms