The worst airport in Dom.Rep.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
I think that Santiago is the worst airport here we've got. I used it once, it was the first and the last time. The building reminded me a state hospital, more employees than passengers, nobody knows a thing. Stuff is useless, lines are everywhere, immigration takes more than 1 hour. There are 3 booths only, each inspector takes like 5 min to check 1 person. They check every page of the passport, I am wondering why don't they smell it. Then after it you'll be asked like 3 or 4 times to check the passport. It is a terrible place! Looks weird.

The worst thing is that runway is located among farms, hundreds of birds are flying there, I am wondering when they will hit the first plane. My flight to MIA in last September was scheduled for 9 35, I came to the airport at 7:30, you won't believe me, I've spent 2 hours standing in lines, it was my worst expirience ever.

Transportation system doesn't exist, no buses, nothing. This airport reminds Africa.

S

Stephen

I usually fly from Puerto Plata to New York. Since the NY flight arrives late in the evening and I do not live in New York, I want to arrive in NY earlier. I was NOT impressed at all. I thought the airport would be much better than it was. You have to walk out onto the runway to board the plane. They were carrying people in wheelchairs up the stairs to the plane. What do you do when it is raining. There were not enough seats in the waiting area. I cannot see how they can expect to process more than one flight at a time. I was a little disappointed. I expected a first class airport.

cara

Feb 21, 2003
Lo mejor del aeropuerto de Santiago es que el limite de seguridad en la pista de aterrizaje termina luego de cruzar una carretera y dentro de una propiedad privada, mi pregunta es que paso AEROPORTUARIA, muchos intereses eh.........