SD, Santiago, Puerto Plata 4/17 - 27

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Hello folks!

I want to share with all of you how happy I am that time is flying, and the countdown to arriving to my native and beloved Dominican Republic is clicking quite fast. :cool:

I will go to la capital Santo Domingo, to meet my siblings and will stay with them for like 4 days. Then, me and my wife and son will head to Playa Dorada where we made reservations at the Occidental Allegro Gran Playa Dorada Resort. On the way, we plan to stop in Santiago to visit "el monumento".

I went there once and loved the view of Santiago from up there. It's an absolutely nice feeling of freedom that I felt. I wished I never had to return to NY! El monumento at night gets really festive and hot. Whole families drive their cars up there and play music and dance, and have their cold Presidentes. It didn't matter that it was a monday night! People really enjoy themselves over there. They don't wait until the weekend and don't have to spend much to have fun. But above all, it's very safe, the people in general are very nice. AND, I didn't have to fear the police giving me a stupid summons for an open container of alcohol, like they do here in NY.

Well, take care people. I envy all of you who are over there.

47 DAYS LEFT!!!