DR's Best Weather

GNYC

Oct 8, 2002
What part of the Dominican Republic is considered to have the best weather?

My idea of the best climate has the least humidity, most comfortable temperature and least rain.
Less chances of hurricanes as well.

Thanks GNYC

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
My former employer moved his interests to Constanza to get away from the heat and arid conditions of the southwest. He's been in Constanza nearly 10 years and claims that to be the best place in the DR. :)

Swede

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Constanza in the mountains is an ideal location for somebody wanting a temperate climate. Regards, PJT

GNYC

Oct 8, 2002
Swede and PJT,

Constanza exactly where is it?
and how does it rate in other areas.

Is it a place that has all of the essentials such as stores, restuarants, hospitals and the activities you would find in most of the larger DR cities, or is it very rural up in the mountains.

Is real estate expensive or reasonable?
How much for a small house.

Is it an area that expats and tourists find desirable or do you think it is too slow for most retires or people that require activity.

Thanks GNYC

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
GNYC said:
Is it a place that has all of the essentials such as stores, restuarants, hospitals and the activities you would find in most of the larger DR cities, or is it very rural up in the mountains.

Constanza is in the mountains, rural, and quite a exciting trip to get there on the road from Bonao. It is a beautiful agricultural area. You have to be self-sufficient to reside there. The essentials are basic and the activities are laid back, reading a book is exciting.

Real estate is variable, not tourist zone prices. However, there is not much built-on property available for sale, thus driving up the prices of available built-on's. Most sales are for land... Regards, PJT

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Constanza

On the other hand, consider that this town while having the appearance of healthy climate due to its pristine mountains and views, it also has one of the most polluted airs in the country, due to the excessive fumigation of its large fruit, vegetable and flower plantations.

TW

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Constanza is very beautiful, some of the most secenic views I have seen in that area of the country, but when I went the trip in the guagua was very long. I thought we'd never get there.

I have been up in the mountains my husband is from a campo called Rancho Arriba, but getting there isn't half as far as Constanza.

So if you're up for a long ride, it's worth it.

hasta luego, Michelle