Please Vote.

Are you interested in other methods of money transfer?

• YES

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • NO

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Would you be interested in a posting of different ways to be able to move cash here?
Some comparisons to what different methods are available, and their hidden cost, and what the use for an exchange rate Vs. the actual rate is.
Ex, Credit cards, Debit cards, Wire, Western Union, and others.

There is a lot of info spread out thru the forums. The idea is to put all of it together in one post, after verifying the latest rates from each specific service provider. Also we would be looking to add any different methods that are not commonly discussed. We would be depending on a PM, or e-mail, if you have a better way, and would rather not Post it for personal reasons. That way, you can still share what?s good for you without letting people know you personal business.

Let me know your interest by taking the poll, and posting a reply if you want.
Then I will know if I need to get busy!
:cool:

Thank You
Mrs. Timex

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There are many ways to transfer money internationally

Many are "legal",many are NOT! Be careful what you recommend or post,it could very well be illegal! CRIS

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
you're right about the warnings/suggestions of credit cards, etc., are spread out all over the forums. It would be good to have a dedicated area.

I had specific suggestions/warnings in my Trip Report posted a few days ago entitled 2-Wk Trip Report of Sosua/Cabarete. You are welcome to copy my section "Money".

I only mentioned money while on vacation, but i could also contribute to experience in moving money.

I bet Fabio would have alot of good advice (legal of course)

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
for the price of an air ticket

I'll volunteer to fly the mia - sdq corridor with up to $9999.99 on my person. The recipient can then keep pick up the $ in the Texaco station at the entrance to the airport. I'll be in Pollos Victorina having pechurinas and presidentes. This offer is only valid Friday - Monday, the rest of the week I need to be at the office! ;)

JG

couldn't help myself, and yes, I voted!

Last edited:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Mrs.Timex.
Please be very careful as to how & what you say/suggest in any postings. What you are 'TOLD' is the case, often is NOT the case. Wishful thinking, rumour, unnoficial laws etc, often come into force. I have been here 10 years, have done quite a bit of money exchanges (personal cheques, Travellers Cheques, wire transfers etc). & STILL do not know the best ways of moving money around at any particular time. If you want to drop me a line to discuss things, I will be pleased to offer some thoughts - but that is ALL they are - THOUGHTS!! Everything needs checking out just prior to the transaction, just to make sure that what was the case 2 months ago, is STILL the case today!!! - Grahame.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
I recently updated a page that covers all the ways I know of to send or receive cash in the Dominican Republic. I have personally verified each one and am currently verifying the C2T method, which so far Banco Popular has been unable to "receive" even though the money was sent weeks ago by me. For the moment, the money is lost and a dispute in taking place. It was a test transaction of US$250.

My write up of course does not cover checks, or other instruments but covers the ways a typical expat or visitor or sugar daddy might move money.

See www.BocaChicaBeach.net/money.html.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I hear you can also do international transactions with Pay Pal.
They issue a Pay Pal debit card in the name of the person linked to your account. I have never tried this, but I hear the fees are very low.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I take travelers checks for under 10k transactions and I take personal checks with me for higher transactions. No big deal. I also did a wire transfer to Banco Popular and my bank charged me 35 bux which sucks.

gully

Mar 9, 2003
www.daytradebroadcasts.com
IF you can use a debit card at ATM machines and have an email address then Paypal is now one heck of a great service.

Exchange rates and costs are very fair..anyone can use their credit card or bank account to send YOU money@your email address or viv using Paypal.www.paypal.com

Folk pay me from around the world daily,this cash can go directly to a bank wire adress(maybe tricky in some countries)or can be withdrawn via a debit card