Back to -30.........ugh!

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Hi everyone - just got back Sunday from two weeks at Breezes. Had a great time - a standard AI so won't go into details about the resort etc...it was just as we expected, beautiful and WARM!!!! Trip down and back was good - we actually got home 45 minutes ~early~. Highlights of the trip were we took advantage of overbooking offer Breezes had - they compensated people to spend three days at another resort - Occidental Flamenco - we took them up on the offer and loved the change. Both resorts were great - they each had their plusses and minuses but Breezes is definitely what I would call an active resort - man, I was exhausted when I left!!! :) Met tons of great folks which absolutely made our vacation! We had a group of about 90 Maritimers arrive while we were at Breezes including the brother & sister of my partner. NEedless to say that made that first week an absolute blast. One downpart of the trip was that I got sick :disappoin .....I was so sick I ~swear~ I lost my tan!!! :laugh: I got to use my limited amount of spanish I had tried to learn before leaving. Overall it was fantastic and I can hardly wait to return.

Trish
(off to put her longjohns back on).......~sigh~

childview

Mar 4, 2003
I hear you! we came back to -22, and 2 feet of snow it was ridiculous! and so sad as our plane landed in the edmonton airport and ALL i could see was white :( and all that white snow completely drains the tan out of you to make you as pale as all the other canadians who weren't lucky enough to go anywhere :) i thought it was hilarious how when we were there, i was never as brown as anybody else, but when i first got back, i had friends telling me a looked black!!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I just came back from working in the Caribbean too and it's so cold here! I hate it, still so much snow! Ah!

Trish, I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip :)

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
We just watched to video...

We just watched the video Jim took while we were there - put us right back there (the rum & coke didn't hurt either) :laugh:

Isn't it funny how quickly it seems to pass? We waiting so long and planned so long for this trip, while we were there time seemed to literally stand still and now it seems a lifetime ago.

We did take a cab into Plaza Bavaro on Saturday night and haunted a few local bars. There was a couple there who had a little boy with them ~ he was one of the most beautiful children I have seen (mine excluded!). He was one of six they had and both parents were under 24.

michelle2504

Jan 29, 2003
Trish,

Did you go to the Mangu disco in plaza Bavaro? That was my favorite place to go out dancing with my colleagues when I worked in Bavaro.

Michelle

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Michelle

We went twice but didn't stay long. Friends we met down there were there every night to all hours of the night. They had a blast (and we also about 15 years younger then us!!)