Problem Solving in the DR........

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
When faced with a problem in the DR,one must sometimes come up with novel "solutions" to the conundrum!
As some of you may recall, I found out the day before the DR1 reunion at my place that my new maid was illiterate (she had worked in a factory in the free zone and I wrongfully assumed that she could read and write!).
HB suggested I teach her however my lack of Spanish skills left me feeling woefully inadequate for the task even though I have run ESL classes from my home in the past.
While having coffee and the local coffee shop the other evening we overheard a woman talking about the English classes she had taken in SD and saying that she could read and write it fairly well but could not converse at all. Seeing an opportunity I "jumped" into the conversation.
I am now running an English "conversation" class daily for this young person and she in turn is attempting to teach my maid to read and write. While it ties me to my house until 1PM daily, hopefully the maid will learn and so will the young person teaching her! My payoff???? being able to leave a written note for the maid if I should be away for a day when she works.

And no TonyC, the young women is NOT one of the sanki/putas! She works as a counter person at the coffee shop although in her "younger" days, she plied the trade most common in this area until she became too old to be considered "desirable" by the likes of the "elitists" who come here for cheap sex with 16-22 yr olds and then consider themselves "better" than those they use and abuse or who conduct themselves in a "humane" manner!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dear Mommc,I will still have sex with her!!!!!!

I don't eliminate anyone just because of "AGE" until they are 25! If she does learn "English" tell her that I am always in need of a good young seXretary who can take, "DICK"tation!!!!!!CRIS

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Dang it all.....brought back to earth again!

This island has a habit of doing that to ya!!
Lost my "teacher"......altho' she didn't seem to be on of the STW's (I hadn't seen her with any of the ole farts who hang around) she finally couldn't resist the lure of a cute guy and easy money! She took off for two days (and several thousand pesos) with him and got herself fired from her job for not showing up for work and not phoning to say she wouldn't be in!!

So now I'm doing what you suggested originally HB and teaching the maid myself by "sound". She's actually learning .......:)