A suggestion...

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
I don't mean to attack anyone, but I read some post on the "girls love sankies" thread that made me think a bit...
Apparently, there were some girls that felt offended by that.
I was the one who started that thread, I didn't mean to offend anyone.
As usual the posts got aggresssive and some insulted a few girls, etc... business as usual...
My point is, after I read what some girls said at the end of the thread, I just dont feel it right.
They were over aggressive to the thread in an amazing way...
and demanded EVERYONE to SHUT UP. That's not right.
If they don't like the thread, move on to another. if they wanted to express their opinion, fine, do it and allow the rest to do the same.
The thread was closed. I don't know if it had something to do with that or not. Actually I don't mind and I think the topic was widely discussed. But I think the moderator ( Anna or whoever that will be ), should put and end to that behavior. People should not be like tyrants, and try to make their will be obeyed, most of all, in an aggressive way.
We should be carefull with that.
Just a suggestion.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
This subject has been covered many times in the past.I warned about the mud sliging . It got out of hand. I close it. We can talk about it all in this forum but remember to keep the personal attacks out of it.

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
Anna, you missed my point.
As I said, I had no problem with you closing it.

What I want to make clear, is that the way those girls posted their messages is incorrect.
They demanded everyone to SHUT UP ( and even turn off their computers ), just because they didn't like the thread.
If you closed the thread because of that, then you did what they wanted and you were played by them.
If you closed it for any other reason, that's fine with me, but you should have said something to them in the thread ( so EVERYONE could have read it ) warning them that their post were out of line.

If you watch the thread, after you closed it, people keep going to it. For example, from 10:30 am, ( easter time ) to 11:30 am, the visitors went from 1472 to 1574. That's over 100 visitors in an hour. That's like 1.5 visitors per minute.

Many people there were NOT attacking. Others were attacking as usual, but those last posts that they made were out of line.
Maybe they needed to be banned from the thread instead of closing the thread.

Anyway, it's done, just be careful with the people that post that kind of messages, 'cause I think if EVERYONE turn off the computers as they said, that won't do any good to the DR1 site, right?

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
I correct myself...the numbres are from 1472 to 1522... so it's like 0.8 visitors per minute...almost 1 visitor per minute

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes Sir! I will keep it in mind SIR! By the way you didn't have a change to answer the question asked of you by one of the poster. Are you a male or female?

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
Go to the "what's the deal?" thread...I'm trying to get Petaka to answer something first....But I thought you knew!!
:)

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
i have just read your comments and feel that it did get blown out of portion, I know I am going to read many more like this in the future but wanted to get my opinion across. I did not say to anyone shut up but I did not appreciated being described aged 16 when I am in fact 17 and being classed as a moron

i am happy to discuss any issues with anyone and i myself feel that thread last night got out of hand and could have easily got someone really upset

dont know why I want to go back to the dr now really

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Would your boyfriend be here????

Seems like some of the more experienced members of the board were mis-read by some of the other posters who really had no clue as to what was being discussed or what started the discussion..........

cosmicjo

Feb 28, 2003
well the more I was reading it, the more I was getting annoyed, usually I take things with a pinch of salt but thought to myself not this time and when Larry and someone else started throwing mud at me and given me personal insults, well that was it so thought id better say something back

what the hell is going on with these boards

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Cosmicjo read all of the posts don't just pick on a couple of things that people say. It wasn't all directed at you therefore you shouldn't take offense.
In Case you didn't know. It's the Dominican Message Board. People come here and ask questions about the DR and hopefully get some useful answers. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way. But we try.

Last edited:

karmatico

Feb 25, 2003
coming back to the DR

Cosmicjo... there are plenty of reason to come back to the DR...
Don't get offended that easy...watch everything that's around you and just keep the best for you... it works all the time...
obviously, you are a better person than I thought... it'll be nice if you share more of your thoughts in these forums...