buses between Puerto Plata and Jarabacoa

jbm

Mar 4, 2003
Can someone tell me the best way to go between POP and Jarabacoa and then head over to Las Terrenas. Have heard the north coast way is better but it looks longer. Can I go between La Vega and Sanchez for example. Thanks for your help.
jb

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Are you asking about driving to these places in a car, or getting to them by bus?

jbm

Mar 4, 2003
Ken
Please excuse the lack of clarity...I was referring to bus transpo +/or gua gua. Never had the luxury of car travel on my journeys so don't think of it as an option. Thanks for your help.
j

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
To get to Jarabacoa from Puerto Plata, take Caribe Tour (it leaves every hour on the hour) to Santiago or La Vega (the stop after Santiago). You should be able to get a Caribe Tour bus from there to Jarabacoa. Caribe Tour has a bus terminal in Jarabacoa.

From Jarabacoa, you want to get to San Francisco de Macoris. To do so, you may first have to get to La Vega.If there isn't a bus, there will be a guagua. Same from La Vega to SF. In San Francisco de Macoris, you can get a Caribe Tour bus to Sanchez, the stop before Samana. Get out there and take one of the vehicles that meets the buses to see if there are people for Las Terrenas

Last edited: