Post Thanks / Like

Question wedding in Sosua

Here is my dilemma. Is it possible for a Canadian couple to get married in the Sosua area? We cannot afford to pay the hotel where we are staying. All we want is a civil judge who will marry us on the beach. A photographer to take pictures would be an asset. Can anyone help? Please? Any advice would be helpful.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely...we got married by a JofP in Sosua. He charged $1300 pesos, which is about $130. I will try to find out the name of the man who married us and forward specifics. Perhaps Johnny Honda or Eddy will know of a good quality photographer in the area...try PMing or e-mailing them. I will also ask my husband if he knows of anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks Trina. I really can use all the help I can get. A big problem is trying to organize things from here on the West Coast. I am not sure where you are?? My fiance absolutely does not want to waste one minute of his hard earned vacation running around or sitting in offices. I can understand that completely. We have waited a long time for this vacation! I will look forward to your reply and any advice you can give me. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juez de Paz

The Justice of the Peace in Sosua is the wife of a friend of mine. Let me know when and where, and I will get you the necessary info..

HB

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Dearest 'Hillbilly' (your name makes me smile). We are arriving on April 17th and we are staying until the 30th. Anytime that would be convinient would be great! Can you really get us that information? You have no idea how much you have brightened my day! Perhaps your friend can tell us what we need to bring? We are both Canadian (this will be our second marriage, but we have legal divorce papers) Can you find out what this person charges? Would I be able to get her e-mail address and contact her myself? I am thinking I would need to get on this right away as the time we are to leave is getting very close (I am sooo excited!)I so appreciate your help! Can you tell me, are you located in Sosua?