bus from SD to Sosua?

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I'm planning a trip to Sosua (from New York) in a few weeks, and would like to have a girl from Santo Domingo join me there along with her 3yo son. (I know, it sounds like a bad idea). Is there a regular and reliable bus service between cities that I could arrange for her to take? Also, would a hotel like Sosua By The Sea or Waterfront be an appropriate place to stay, or would the Europa be better? This is my 1st. visit to Sosua, and I'd love a nice place on the water, but not if we'd get a hard time from the management. Thanks - D

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
There are great air-conditioned buses all day long!

Pick a nice hotel,register her as your wife,pay your bill,and have a good time! Anybody gives you a hard time (Doubtful,they usually just look!) tell them you will report them,and/or the Hotel to the Minister of Tourism! Tell her to bring her "Cedula",(National I.D.Card) CRISCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Bus service from Sto Dgo to Sosua

There is an excellent reliable bus service from Sto Dgo to Sosua operated by Caribe Tours. Their terminal is on 27 de Febrero. Several buses every day go to Sosua. For the schedule you may look into their website.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
No problem getting her to Sosua on Caribe Tours bus. At least one leaves every hour from early morning until late afternoon/early evening. The trip to Sosua takes about 4.5 hours, with a 20 minute stop in Santiago and a 5 minute stop in Puerto Plata.

NewtoDR

Nov 23, 2002
Sosua by the Sea would be good, I stayed there - on the beach and a nice place. They would not allow a short time guest (even after several attempts at Bribery) The attendant explained that if when I registered I told them a guest would be staying then no problem.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Danny W said:
I'm planning a trip to Sosua (from New York) in a few weeks, and would like to have a girl from Santo Domingo join me there along with her 3yo son. (I know, it sounds like a bad idea). Is there a regular and reliable bus service between cities that I could arrange for her to take? Also, would a hotel like Sosua By The Sea or Waterfront be an appropriate place to stay, or would the Europa be better? This is my 1st. visit to Sosua, and I'd love a nice place on the water, but not if we'd get a hard time from the management. Thanks - D

I think the name of the bus is Carribe Tours which is supposedly a nice comfortable ride that is pretty inexpensive. You may want a hotel with atleast a separate bedroom. If you will be renting a car I recommend Villa Chessa where you can get a 1 bedroom apt for 35 a night including breakfast or 40-45 a night at Condos Dominicans for a two bedroom which is right in the middle of town.

Waterfront has rooms that are too small for 1 person in my opinion. Little cabana type room which is smaller than 12x12 and maybe even as small at 10 x 10. Sosua by the Sea has some big rooms but I remember people saying here that they were a bit more expensive and no better located than Condos. Eddy is on the board here and runs Condos Dominicanos. I would suggest making reservations before you go with Eddy but I don't think you would need to at Villa Chessa unless you are going Easter week.

Robert, the head cheese here takes the S.D./Sosua bus often and hopefully he will correct me if I made a mistake but he has told me he enjoys the ride.

Regards,
Escott

I will be in Sosua 3-21 to 3-30 and 4-14 to 4-28 if you are in town then ask for me at Rockys Bar/ Restaurant.