tengo mi boleto

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
does anyone know how i can arrange transportation from santo domingo airport al coral canoe en bayahibe, la romana?

Apr 26, 2002
You may want to call the hotel to see if they have a regular way of providing that service.

Otherwise, the expensive way is by taxi, but it's a two hour ride so it could cost a bit - maybe US$75.

Let me know if you're interested in the super-cheap way.

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
You may want to call the hotel to see if they have a regular way of providing that service.

Otherwise, the expensive way is by taxi, but it's a two hour ride so it could cost a bit - maybe US$75.

Let me know if you're interested in the super-cheap way.

What is the super cheap way?

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
I's say the cheapes way is to have your "friend" pick you up?

Otherwise take public transport, which is fine if you don't have a lot of luggage e.g. just one backpack.

Apr 26, 2002
Okay, but know that you will need to know Spanish and not have a lot of baggage.

When you arrive at the Airport, go to curbside of the second floor departures area. Wait for a motorconcho (passenger carrying motorcylce) to come by.

Flag down the motorconcho. Take a ride on the motorconcho to the parada de los minibuses para el este en la cruce de las americas - the bus stop for buses going east at the intersection with the main highway. This will cost you about 40 pesos. Then wait for a bus with a "La Romana" placard in the winshield. Flag down this bus and take it to La Romana - maybe 60 pesos.

When you arrive in La Romana, you can ask where are the minibuses or publicos (fixed route taxis) to Bayahibe.

You should allow quite a few hours to do this all.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Why not fly into La Romana?

It's much closer and probably cheaper also. Then take a taxi to Coral Canoa.

If you'd like the number for a couple of "Taxi's" that offer lower than "standard" rates PM me and I'll give you phone #'s but you need to be able to speak Spanish to call them.
Otherwise email Mara at hfdiloto@codetel.net.do and ask her about it. She may be able to arrange something for you. She speaks English!

anitabonita

Mar 6, 2003
Porfio_Rubirosa said:

I called the hotel and they made arrangement for me to have a taxi waiting.

Thank you for your help.