Met this guy in DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
Hi guys, don't flame me yet for my 3 posts... I have read a lot of threads before deciding to post this.

I met this sweet guy last week in DR and thought (still thinking?!?) he was/is serious but now that I've read all those horror stories, I'd like to get some opinions...

I will try to make a long story short and resume with a table of positive and negative parts of my encounter with him... please let me know if this sounds like "sanki" to you

First of all, he's an employee of the resort (animaccion team...). He came and talked to me the 2nd day I was there but I was a bit shy so our conversation lasted about 10 minutes. Then I didn't talk to him for like 3 days. He was not around other girls, just doing his job.

Then one day I talked to him and we had a nice conversation in which I asked him if he had a girlfriend and why he wasn't chasing tourists like his coworkers. He told me he didn't like relations that lasted 1 or 2 weeks; that was not his thing. He was not flirting with me at all, we just had a friendly conversation.

The next day, there was a trip to Puerto Plata (I was in Cabarete) with 3 guys from the animaccion team and that is when he held my hand respectfully , nothing more.

That night, after his shift, I asked him if he wanted to go somewhere and he agreed (note that I had to go talk to him, not the other way around). We ended up taking a walk on the beach and making out =)

The next day, I saw him on the beach with a book so I went to talk to him (me again); he told me he was free until 3 (it was noon) so I asked if he could take me shopping; he took me to Gaspar Hernandez but we didn't shop for long: I told him I like motorcycle so he borrowed a friend's moto and we went in the mountains (or village, whatever you call it). It was so much fun!!! Then we went back to the hotel.

That night after work we went to a motel (crappy and dirty) and made out (again!). The next day (my last day in DR) we went to play some pool and went moto riding again in Gaspar Hernandez... At first I gave him 200 pesos to pay for the taxi and such (felt a bit sorry for him since he didn't make much working at the hotel adn since i am the conservative type, I didnt want to pay for a guy... you know what I mean...) then we went back to the hotel for my departure... He wanted to give me back what was left but I told him to keep it.

All the time, he was very sweet and kept saying "I don't know why I like you", "when are you coming back?", "when you come back, pay only for airfaire and I will rent a house for us", "write fast" etc...

Then I went back here and realized I kinda liked him more than I thought... And thought he liked me sincerely too...

Now that I've found this forum and read many things about hotel workers, sankies and everything, I don't know what to think anymore... Here is a little table I made:

Negatives:
--------------
- First time we talked he asked me why I didn't want a Dominican BF
- Works at the resort (and in the animaccion team!!!)
- Was not ignoring me when we were at the resort but I almost always had to come up to him
- Took the rest of the 200 pesos and didnt say thanks
- Was way sweeter than the other Dominicans (should I put that in the positive section?)
- A little bit too fast (2nd night he told me when we will be togheter for a while, he wants to have a baby with me..oops)
- Looked a bit weird when I told him I had a daughter,; he asked for her age but not her name
- When we were in Gaspar H, one of his friends wanted to "looky looky" at me so he made me turn around and slapped my a** lightly... I felt a bit like an object... =(

Positives:
--------------
- Don't wear flashy clothes, don't have a car, wasn't romancing me all the time (only did cute things like take my hand and kiss it when he was riding the moto)
- Never was pushy for sex
- Asked me not to have other boyfriend when I get back here
- Said his pay was good (1000 pesos per 2 weeks...^^;; ) and that he was okay --- never complained about money.
- Was generous; when we visited his friend in Gaspar H, he gave him some money
- Didn't like condoms but was okay when I said I didn;'t want to have sex without one - we didn't have sex that day
- Wants me to move to DR but didn't want to come to Montreal
- Looked dissapointed when I didn't join him for the daily Spanish lesson

That was my story, please post your opinions! By the way, if you want to take a look at some of my vacation pictures, go here: http://public.fotki.com/myleena/

I also have some pics of Angel (what a cute name!!!)

Myleena

Last edited:

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
Yeah I feel naive and girly... don't make fun of me...hehehe

Well I wanted to know if this story raised any Red Flags to you connoisseurs ^^;;

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I love your pictures. I had to stop and ask a silly question. Was he born in the DR?

Those pictures make me want to leave right now. Been to those places before.
Another question did you really have to take a shot of the vasoline? LOL ;)

One more thing after all you have read here you'll know what to watch out for. It's not impossible to find a nice guy.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Myleena said:
Well I wanted to know if this story raised any Red Flags to you connoisseurs

Quite the contrary. I think you were very, very fortunate on such a short trip to meet the man who is obviously meant to be the man of your life. I think you should rush back to the DR and continue the relationship before such a prize slips through your fingers. Quite obviously this rare diamond will soon be discovered by other perceptive women like yourself.

Do not delay; rush back to the DR before it is too late. Good luck! Keep us informed.

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
Ken, was that sarcastic?
If not, can you please explain your thoughts. Thanks

Myleena

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
I love your pictures. I had to stop and ask a silly question. Was he born in the DR?
Yes... why?

Another question did you really have to take a shot of the vasoline? LOL
LOL So that's what that thing is called!!! LOL

One more thing after all you have read here you'll know what to watch out for. It's not impossible to find a nice guy.
That's the reason of my post... it all looked and sounded too good to be true...

Maybe I got something wrong... what is a sankie exactly?

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
For those who will look at my pictures... Angel is the black guy on the moto, not the other caucasian one... That one is one of my best friends =)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I hate the term but it's used to describe the men that mostly work in the resorts and shall we say use the women to get things from.
It could be sex, visa out of the country, or just a list of women that will eventually be sending, money, cloths, toys, and anything else they are willing to send to them. It must be hard to resist getting these things after all they as you have said they don't make much. Just be aware. You seem like a very wise girl/woman and you are weighing things out. Keep in touch and watch out for the signs.
Oh ok just say your post about which one he is. I thought it was the dude in white underware.lol

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes M- Ken was being sarcastic!!

He's known for his diplomacy on the board!!
Remember that the resort aka Sex Trade Workers are known for their ability to "play the game".
So you weren't obviously "looking to get laid"! however your Romeo made sure you noticed him and waited for you to come to him!!!!

Gosh I wish some of the tourists could hear how these guys talk amongst themselves when there are no tourists around (yes I've heard them - hubby works at a dive shop in a resort, I man the office when they're out diving and have gotten to know some of the animacion teams quite well!!!). It's all about how well they "pull the wool over your eyes".

Congrats.....It only took you five days to "make out" with a sanki!!!!

Now read your post and tell us what YOU think of this story!!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Great pics, I really enjoyed looking at them and it looked like you had a fabolous time as well! Thanks for sharing.

In concern to your boy, don't drop your life for him, but don't drop him for what anybody else says. They don't know him, only you do, so trust your instinct, what you feel in your gut, your heart, your heart will lead you in the right direction and even if it doesn't, it is better to find out for yourself than not finding out at all. Best of luck and let us know how it goes, just listen to yourself.

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Myleena

Cut & Pasted from Anita bonita!!!! Post!!!!!

Well it sounds like a beautiful love story!
Pero de verdad es solo una Bella Novela, Y tus sueno de encontrar El Padrino.

You know it?s funny you meet this guy on your first trip and you?re thinking, your in love all ready, It?s possible why not. Does El Padrino????????

And your saying, maybe I?ll go and live in the Dominican Rep, Wake up!! While you making plan?s to come here, he must be saying to his freinds...... Locooo...,Conosi a una gringa en el resort. She is crazy for me!!!, la tengo loca Con esa Chulia que le di!!!! We exchanged phone numbers!, Loco la voy a llamar. I?ll buy a 50 pesos calling card and the minute it?s finished, I will tell mami se me acaban los minutos compra una y llamame, Te quiero Mami Chula, no se que tu me has hecho, Pero estoy loco por ti Mami. And of course you will call him back, right away!!!!!!!!!

Ok!!!! Time to wake up Myleena.
I?m sorry to tell you this, While you are making plan?s to live here, He is making plan?s for you to bring him to the USA. Man!! I can see the look in his eyes, I?m going to the other side, one of 50 states, he just wants to be in one of them, doesn?t matter which one. And after one year, when he comes back for his visit, he really will be ?El Padrino?? (Dominican-York!) to all of his Mami?s he left behind, He will even be using your phone when he calls his Mami?s to tell them to get ready, Here Comes Papi!!!!!

And while he is with all of his Mami's:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Of course the visit will be because he needs to visit somebody in the family who is sick, and that you should stay behind! :cry:

I?m sorry to be hard on you, but I am Dominican, my Mom took me and my family to the U.S. when I was 12 yrs old, And of course I was already a U.S. Citizen, before I met my Husband.
And let me tell you- with the way things are here now---
If I had never left the DR, I would be looking for Gringo to marry, and take me to America, too.

Or maybe Not!!

Remember
A USA passport is accepted every where! :cool:
And a Domincan passport wants to be!:mad:

Like my husband I belive in love any where, any time!!!
But down here I advise caution with your heart!!!!
If it's ment to be, it will, no matter what anybody says!!!!!!!!
Just go in with your eyes WIDE OPEN sister, OK??????

Mrs. Timex
Mechi H.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
SHES from CANADA.
What a shame that people only see sankie and jump right in and give advice without reading what the poster is saying first.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Girls from Canada are not immune from swooning over animacion guys. There are sure a lot of them walking the streets of Sosua, hand in hand with a Dominican who next week will be seen on the same streets with another girl.

Myleena

Mar 7, 2003
Why are the animaccion guys more likely to be sankies?

oh.. and BTW, I am not thinking " I am in love with this guy " I just said I liked him very much... Even if he was a sankie or whaever, I would never regret my GREAT vacation!!!

People on this board sound pretty sour...

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Myleena said:
Why are the animaccion guys more likely to be sankies?

oh.. and BTW, I am not thinking " I am in love with this guy " I just said I liked him very much... Even if he was a sankie or whaever, I would never regret my GREAT vacation!!!

People on this board sound pretty sour...

1. Animacion guys are likely to be sankis because they have so many opportunities to score with foreign girls who, because they are so far from home, engage in behavior they probably wouldn't engage in, or at least not so publicly, at home.

2. Nobody wants you to regreat your GREAT vacation. Quite the contrary, and this time I am being serious. Come, enjoy--even if it is with a sanki, then go on with your life. Don't moon over the guy long distance. When you return, have another great vacation with a different sanki. Play the field, just like they do. You will have more enjoyable vacations that way.

3. If the people on this board sound sour, it is only because they are experienced in the DR and don't get excited when another starry-eyed girl gushes on about this great guy she fell in love with during her one week vacation. Do you have any idea about how many threads have been started by girls like you over the last year or two? Just in the past week there have been at least three or four.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
One born every day...

I wonder how many girls he has had sex with, without a condom? Just a thought...

Myleena - It was fun, he charmed you, he made you feel special, the sex was great etc etc. Mix that in with all the sights and sounds of the DR and you had a wonderful vacation.

Just leave it at that...

Status
Not open for further replies.