pictures

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Frenchies!!!

Those are some Great photos of you trips. I really enjoyed them!

Also

Welcome to DR1!!! :) :) :) :) :) :cool: :cool:

Thanks!
Tim & Mechi
H.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Thanks for sharing, I always love to see pictures! I will be e-mailing you soon! Nice to hear from you :)

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
I'm happy PICTURE

I'm happy that you visted the Samana Peninsula and you like it, it's so beautiful there and im born self in Sanchez, Saman?.

My question was the pictures do you have taken from your Digital Video Camera?

Frenchies

Mar 8, 2003
community.webshots.com
Hola Samana1!
The pictures were taken with a digital camecorder (that's why the resolution is not that high). We'll take a digital camera for our next trip at the Samana Peninsula. Hope to be in Las Galeras in May / June for 3 weeks this time! :)
The Samana Peninsula is the best place we've travelled in DR so far...

Edith & Cora :cool:

Ps: we know people living in Sanchez ;)

GHLady

Mar 7, 2003
Frenchies,

Thank you so much for the pictures--I am so excited to be traveling to that same area. Great pics!

GHLady

Mar 7, 2003
Samana?

I'm sorry. . . I feel like I need a crash course in geography. We are traveling over my son's Spring break to Punta Cana. After reading posts and scrutinizing hotel ammenities, we decided o upgrade to the Riu Macao Palace. Is Samana the name of the entire region, the island or the general area of the Carribean? I thought it was the Dominican Republic. Does anyone have a travel book about the area to recommend to obvious novice travelers? :)

Also, does anyone know which is smarter, taking a laptop to download pictures or purchasing an additional memory stick? I hate to lose quality by changing the settings on my digital camera.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
SAMANA

Frenchies, great photos, gorgeous!
I'm trying to plan a trip to Samana for April or May with a friend. She's been there a few times and loves it. She's told me once I go there I won't want to go anywhere else lol!
I've only been to the DR once to Punta Cana but I want to see the rest of the DR.
Thanks for sharing your pics it gives me an idea of what to look forward to!!

Caribe Traveller

Jan 19, 2006
I'd say take another memory stick. A laptop is a just extra weight if you're just taking it for photo memory. An alternative may be to have a CD burned of your photos, clear your memory stick and start again. we have done this in several places. Someone on the forum should know if this is difficult to achieve in DR.

JoeTurist

Jan 30, 2003
Samana Peninsula

GHLady said:
I'm sorry. . . I feel like I need a crash course in geography. We are traveling over my son's Spring break to Punta Cana. After reading posts and scrutinizing hotel ammenities, we decided o upgrade to the Riu Macao Palace. Is Samana the name of the entire region, the island or the general area of the Carribean? I thought it was the Dominican Republic. Does anyone have a travel book about the area to recommend to obvious novice travelers? :)

Also, does anyone know which is smarter, taking a laptop to download pictures or purchasing an additional memory stick? I hate to lose quality by changing the settings on my digital camera.
Crash course in geography:

Once a island, now a peninsula, Samana is a region, north east on the island of Hispaniola.

Dominican Republic share the island of Hispaniola(second largest in the Carribean) with Haiti.

"Samana Peninsula", not to be confuse with "Samana Cay" a small island in the Bahamas.

Do a search on www.google.com with the word: samana

Purchase more memory for your camera, and also they are internet cafe in the area, who will transfer the pictures to a CD to take home.

Regards,
J.T.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
baileyboy said:
Hey there--Maybe my computer is down, but when I click on the link, then i doens' work. is there somewhere I can look it up?
Thanks
The post is almost three years old. It appears that the poster no longer has an account on Webshots.

Sep 19, 2005
Caribe Traveller said:
. Someone on the forum should know if this is difficult to achieve in DR.

I did this on my last two trips. I was taking over 200 photos each trip and would get the pictures made and then bring them back the next trip....but then i decided to check out a photo shop and sure enough they had the equipent to down load my memory chip into their computer...I picked all the photos i wanted made and had them developed and i aslo paid a little extra for them to be put on a cd.....I think i had 150 photos made(4x6) with the cd and it was about 2000+ pesos...or about 13 pesos per photo.

I always take two chips a 128 mb and a 256....Ill probably go with 3 256 mb chipcs from now on...... I had my photos made in santiago...I had talked with 2 shops that could do the work.....so i bet it is easy to find competent photo shops most places

bob

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
JoeTurist said:
Crash course in geography:

Once a island, now a peninsula, Samana is a region, north east on the island of Hispaniola.

Dominican Republic share the island of Hispaniola(second largest in the Carribean) with Haiti.

"Samana Peninsula", not to be confuse with "Samana Cay" a small island in the Bahamas.

Do a search on www.google.com with the word: samana

Purchase more memory for your camera, and also they are internet cafe in the area, who will transfer the pictures to a CD to take home.

Regards,
J.T.

thats why they make something called a map

Does anyone know how the island Samana because joined with the rest of Hispaniola and when? I remember reading somewhere that it was a hurricane but I can't remember.

JoeTurist

Jan 30, 2003
Conchman said:
Does anyone know how the island Samana because joined with the rest of Hispaniola and when? I remember reading somewhere that it was a hurricane but I can't remember.

Don't remeber where I read, but the process of filling up the strait between the main island Hispaniola and Samana was done by the river Yuna and was completed about 150-200 years ago. Slow proces, make more sense then a hurricane to fill the strait.
A 200 year old map was showing Samana as a island (did not see the actual map, just read about it).

When you drive from Nagua to Sanchez you could see on the south side of the road, low land prone to floods even in these days.

FYI I am not a expert in anything, so don't take my word for it.

JT