Stateside Documents for Residence

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
I am in the process of retrieving documents from the US in preparation of applying for a temporary Residency.
As I understand it, two are required:
1) Birth Certificate
2) Police Report from Hometown (the nature of which is not clearly explained)

Are there any other requirements?? I am Retired from USAF and do not have investments in DR; in addition, my bank account is in the US and I draw as needed from that.

Anyone knowing if additional info is required, necessary, and/or appropriate, please respond.

Texas Bill
flyer76m@yahoo.com

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Let me recommend you get a Lawyer to help you with this or you may never get it done.

Letter has to say that you have a clear record and nothing is outstanding against you.

You should get a letter from your bank about your relationship with them. Takes a couple of months to process. I am going in a week to get my permanant residency finished.

Regards,
Scott

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Documents required for provisional residency

My experiences show that to support your application for a provisional residence permit in the DR you need two documents from aborad if you are not married:
-A birth certificate translated into Spanish and legalized by a Dominican consulate in your country
-A bank letter stating that you got sufficient funds to pay for the living costs in the DR. Should also be translated into Spanish and legalized by a Dominican consulate
All the other documents in support of your application may be established in the DR locally,among others letters of guarantee, a medical certificate and a certificate of good conduct issued by the DR police. Such a certificate issued in the country of origin of the applicant is not necessary.
If you have any more questions you may contact me.
Do not trust the information given to you to that respect by any Dominican consulate. Most of the personnel working there generally is not very qualified and has not much interest to do a good job.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I agree with jazzcom. We used an attorney and would do the same again. Providing you have an honest, competent attorney, it is worth the cost.

hansbert

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 1, 2002
linguisticservices.aio-world.net
Provisional residency

I also think it is advisable to conduct the application for provisional residency through a lawyer. The information I gave regarding the necessary supporting documents is conforming with information given out to the public by the Migration authorities. The problem is to find an honest trustworthy lawyer who does not overcharge you (maximum costs: USD 1500) and is doing the job within a minimum of time (3 months usually) Many lawyers will use bribery if it comes to the point that any required document is missing or incomplete.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Well I saw no money change hands but I would NEVER doubt bribery in the DR. I was quoted 1000 dollars originally and in pesos. 2 months later when it was complete I just paid the balance in Pesos and it ended up costing me about 935 complete.

That is a good point, because the amount varies and it is good info to give out.

Escott