English people in d.r?

savay

Mar 9, 2003
Are there any English people on these forums that now live in the d.r?

Thanks

Savay

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Robert the owner of this board is one and many more live in the DR. Just wondring why you picked the Legal forum?

savay

Mar 9, 2003
Good question Anna,all i can say in my defence is that im new to these forum/message boards. I will take a little more time and pay abit more attention to where im posting in future.:ermm:

Sorry moderators.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Grahame Bush, who uses the board name of BushBaby is another. He lives in Puerto Plata.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's ok savay. You were moved over to the Living section. By the way Welcome to the DR1.
Tell us where you are from. I'm guessing England?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I seem to recall that Dominican Babe recently indicated she was writing her post from work in England.

savay

Mar 9, 2003
Thanks for the welcome,the forums are great,loads of infromation to go at.

Youre right im From England(currently;) ) .Myself and my girl friend and her parents are selling up and hopefully coming to d.r!

Ive got a rough idea of how to go about a move but what i want to ask is,which if any parts of the immigration/gaining residency proccess caused the biggest problems?

Thanks for reading..

*Savay*

savay

Mar 9, 2003
Hi Robert,

I have been to d.r but it was quite a while ago,myself and g/f are booking to come over when my current work contract ends. The future inlaws have been many times,they are going back over again on July 10th for three weeks,leaving me and g/f to run the farm!!! Any farmers on here,joke!

*savay*

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Welcome Fellow Brit.!!! Thank GOD, some more decent English is going to be aired on this forum!!! What part are you from??

I moved here to Puerto Plata in November 1992 with my girl-friend ("She that must be Obeyed"), & we are extremely happy & settled here. Won't be going back to England other than very short visits for Medical Check-ups etc!! Born in Coventry, raised in Germany, schooled in Derbyshire, lived in Surrey, Middx (as was), Staffordshire, Cheshire & South Bucks. You name it & I have most likely been there!!!

Drop me a PM or e-mail if you want a hand - been doing a sort of relocation service for about 5 years now. No Charge, just a delivery of Branston pickle, HP sauce, Tesco's chokky bikkis, & the occasional STRONG Tea Bags!!!!!! Where are your parents going to this next trip in July? If it is up north, we can meet up & I'll sell them the idea of living here with pleasure!!!

Get back on PM or e-mail when you can - Grahame.

Dec 9, 2002
Hi Savay. I am in dreary grey England, Basingstoke to be precise. I'm getting married in June to my Dominican man - and before you lot start, just shut up, you've said it all to me before!! -and have been considering moving to DR. However, with all that I've been seeing/reading lately, I'm now convinced that it's not currently a good time to make the move. I'm now looking at getting my man over here for a few years instead - like I've already said, shut up you lot!! You all know who you are ;)

just a delivery of Branston pickle, HP sauce, Tesco's chokky bikkis, & the occasional STRONG Tea Bags!!!!!!
Graham, I'm coming to POP, staying at the Gran Ventana. If you want anything bringing over let me know and perhaps I can meet up with you and your good lady.

savay

Mar 9, 2003
Hi Dominican Babe,

You are right England is certainley grey at the mo. I was working in Baisingstoke a couple of weeks ago,did a job for Safeway. Im actually from Nottingham.

Im guessing that the impending war is why you dont think its a good idea to move over there right,am i right?

Sorry about the short reply im really pushed for time tonight.

*savay*

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2002
Hi Savay
No, the war itself doesn't really have anything directly to do with it. More things like electricity prices spiralling out of control, big time corruption in the government, the unstable peso, high interest rates, high inflation, unemployment, to name but a few.

It is definitely my intention to move to DR, I just think that I should bide my time here in England for a little longer. Things can only get better over there. It's still my only holiday destination (2 or 3 times per year over the last 4 years) I wouldn't want to go anywhere else. But I think it's going to be tough enough as it is when I do make the move, I just don't see the point in giving up everything here whilst things are so bad there.

Katherine

Nov 25, 2002
My two quid's worth..

Hi, I'm from England too. I came from the West Midlands to Santiago - not too much of a change, wouldn't you say? I have been here since last September and loving every single minute of it.

I am always willing to meet up with people who wander this way, especially when they bear an English accent! Y'know, sentimentality and all that. =)

Last edited:

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Katherine!!!!

DR1 has---
Members: 3,289, Threads: 21,009, Posts: 121,616

Do your homework (Search, Search, and Search again!)
Ask your questions.
And Good Luck!

By the way---
Welcome to DR1!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

Thanks
Tim H.

Help, and be Helped.
That?s why were here!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Katherine,
What part of the West Midlands? Bear & Rugged Staff country or further west??
My God, inflation HAS set in .... Two Quid used to be four penarth when I last lived in the UK!!! Mind you, that was over 10 years ago - been here ever since!! Drop me a PM or e-mail to catch up on Broadgate (Coventry), Wa'sall, or wherever!! - Grahame.

Dec 9, 2002
Hi Katherine, welcome to the board. Where in West Mids - I'm originally from Bilston, but now live in Hampshire. I'm coming over in 10 weeks time so if you're pining for anything English let me know, I'm happy to bring supplies with me.

Katherine

Nov 25, 2002
Aw, a nice welcome - thanks.

I am in no need of English things though, thanks - I had my Bisto (aah, Bisto) brought over recently, and everything else is better the Dominican way!

I came over from Wolves, and I sent someone from home some laid-back vibes, palm trees and pi?a coladas on a warm breeze yesterday... guess what they sent me back... "pie and peas, and warm beer". Lovely.

Cheers