A Maple Syrup Review

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Almost every visitor that reaches Hillbilly Hollow carries a bottle of maple syrup. Some visitors will send it by mail!. I have an amazing collection, believe me.
1) New Hampshire White Mountain Pure Maple Syrup. Fairly dark and robust flavor. One taste and the Aunt Jamima's is out the door.
2) Governor's Table 1670 100% Pure Maple Syrup/Sirop d'?rable.
Canada No. 1 Medium. From Quebec, reduced 45:1 from Appalachian Mountain maple trees. Contains calcium, manganese, phosphorous and iron. Also B2, B5, B6, and PP (Niacin). Clear and with a very leafy taste of maple candy.
3) President's Choice 100% Pure Maple Syrup Canada No. 1 Light.
(Same as above), bottled for Sunfresh of Toronto. Outstandingly fresh and bright flavors.

If you wonder if I am fanatic about these, the answer is yes, they are something so unique and so fresh that one must respect each one. Since I do the same with cigars, it just seemed natural to write down my impression on this delicacy...

Grinning from ear to ear...

HB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gee HB........

I forgot all about the maple syrup thing!! Ya shoulda' emailed me to remind me before I came down. Hubby has a cousin who "brews" his own from maple trees on his property!
Daughter-in-law has an aunt and uncle who have a commercial maple grove just south of us.
both are better than "store" bought and both are very distinct.

Send me a reminder next time I'm home getting ready to come down and I'll throw one of each in the suitcase!!!

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
real maple syrup is the first thing we noticed missing from the local grocery stores... I cant stand that fake stuff so I guess I will have to start inviting people down to visit me, (just be sure to bring me a bottle)

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Maple Syrup....thats on of the seven flavor wonders of the world...I made some Indonisian fried rice last week for the second time...this time it tasted out of this world....and the difference was that I carmelized my red onions with maple syrup... maple syrup is also part of my marinade for steak....I am lucky enough to live close to New Hampshire and Vermont....a Wild Oats store nearby sells fresh syrup that you pour yourself into your own bottle....yumm...great call HB...maple syrup ranks up there with garlic and olive oil as "ingredients a kitchen cannot do without"

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Images

I had the pleasure of growing up on a farm and we made our own syrup. The season is in full bloom right now in NE.

Enjoy

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
The bottle my sister delivered to me this past Christmas just gave up its last drop yesterday. Don't know how many more days I'm going to last without my fix. Counting the days when I return to the States to draw a new supply. Regards, PJT

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
HB,
Stan is in Las Galeras right now and he said to tell you to contact him. He has some maple syrup for you that I think he wants to trade for a Presidente or two.