Looking for BRUGAL in NY

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I set out to buy a bottle of Brugal x-tra viejo in nyc yesterday and my local liquer stores didnt carry it.I am sure I can get it here somewhere but I dont know where to look.If someone can direct me to a place that carries it you will save me any further time looking.Thanks in advance for any help.
Larry

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Found some in Mexico

believe it or not. I get Barcelo Anejo in Mexico at all Super compras supermarkets.

how about that....................however, still not Presidente and my stocks are depleting

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Being in Milwaukee, I asked Miller about distribution here, and they put me on their mailing list.
We found Presidente at a liquor store maybe 1/2 way between Orlando and Miami. We have only a few bottles left.
Once we were in the Keys, we found it at the supermarket in Tavernier. We found Brugal in the Liquor store next door. We have 1/2 a bottle left.
Good luck on finding it.
mk

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
I live in washington heights and some of the bodegas have barcelo.. i know my husband use to buy them there...and i am almost sure that some of these bodegas have them... you just have to ask on the hush-hush....... i will ask my husband if he know's where the bodega is..... cant make any promises ....but i'll try.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Lindalyn

Thank you but Jazzcom was kind enough to offer to pick me up a bottle(see above).I live in Queens and was hoping to find it locally.Thanks anyway.
Larry

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Can't speak for NYC but in Miami you can find Brugal at almost every liquor store. It is usually found on the lower shelves next to Ronrico, Don Q and the other cheap rums.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
you should have no problems finding Brugal.

You live in Queens so go to any liquor store in Corona and you should find it. There's one on Corona Ave and Junction Blvd where us hould have no problems. Also, there are a few right by Roosevelt and 103rd street by the 7 line.

If you cant find it the liquor store, ask someone and they will guide you.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Larry.....Mullen...........JR

Larry,

Here in New Jersey I have seen Brugal available in

some liquor stores, as well as Barcelo. I would imagine

it is just a question of finding the "bodegas" that

carry it.

Good Luck en tu busqueda,

M

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
The extra viejo...

is not available here in NY. However the anejo is. The Extra viejo in my opinion is among the finest in DR and very reasonably priced.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
gracias

Thanks for all the replies.I agree that the extra viejo is the best.I was never a rum drinker but I love the taste of the extra viejo.Why dont they carry it in NY(viejo)?Dont you think it would sell?
Larry

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
The rum market in he US is saturated with both premium and pedestrian Rums.
Brugal is sold in the US for the Cheap mixing Rum Market. their Extra viejo would not sell well here. It cannot be compared to the premium Rums in Taste nor cache.
Brugal Extra Viejo is not even one of the better Dominican Rums and lets not even compare it to Barbancourt 5 star!

Apr 26, 2002
I think that the "Brugal Anejo" bottled for export is equivalent to the "Extra Viejo" sold in Santo Domingo. I wonder if anyone knows someone at the distillery who can confirm that.

FYI. Brugal is sold in the state liquor stores in Pennsylvania.

Tony, I think that the Extra Viejo is pretty damned good. It is of a different character than Barbarcourt - heavier and with more cane taste. Havana Club is also excellent. As everyone knows, the communist system produces superior rum and cigars.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Almost all Dominican bodegas in the bronx sell brugal. I know of a few around my neighborhood. If you want contact me and I'll hook you up with the connection.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Porfio_Rubirosa said:
I think that the "Brugal Anejo" bottled for export is equivalent to the "Extra Viejo" sold in Santo Domingo. I wonder if anyone knows someone at the distillery who can confirm that.

FYI. Brugal is sold in the state liquor stores in Pennsylvania.

Tony, I think that the Extra Viejo is pretty damned good. It is of a different character than Barbarcourt - heavier and with more cane taste. Havana Club is also excellent. As everyone knows, the communist system produces superior rum and cigars.

You obviously do not know Cigars.
And your ideas about rum is limited at best. Havana Club is the Same formula that they have been using for over a century. Did you know that it is available in the US? The only thing different is that it is called "BACARDI"!

Apr 26, 2002
Tony,

I have to admit that I baited you there a little bit. But which Dominican rums do you think are better than Brugal Extra Viejo? Also, which rum on the planet matches the quality of Extra Viejo for the price?

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Their Siglo De Oro is better than Extra Viejo. When I have the money that is the one I prefer to drink.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I once saw Brugal Anejo in a Westchester Country liquor store but...

the price almost made me pass out. It was USD$15 for 375ml, and that was more than 5 years ago!!!!

The store was in Port Chester and I think it is called "Varmax."