What beach is the busiest on the South coast?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Does this mean you've given up on the Zona Colonial venture? Or is it an embryonic empire?

Bayahibe would be my choice.

Chiri

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
That's because most of the more vocal

board members live on/near the other coast. I still haven't figured out why people come south to live on the north (cold Atlantic) side of an island but I guess partly because that is the side of the island that was first developed as a tourist area!

Jojocho had it........ anything southeast of Juan Dolio is AI territory and you'd starve to death with a beach bar. Even BC and JD are not ideal candidates at the moment for "bars" as there are already too many for the number of tourists around. A small restaurant or restaurant/bar would be a better bet..........

Timex

Bronze
May 9, 2002
Hola Jan!!

Every now and then, we like to go on a day trip to the beach.
Sometimes, when I don?t want to make the drive through the capital out to B/C, I go the other way. Of course, once other people in the family hear this, all of a sudden we have a Caravan going. That leads to a split in the drivers, because half of the people want to go to B/C, and the rest want to go the other way. So we usually alternate between them.

I have been to some really nice beaches in Punta Palenque, and Bani. They are not as nice as B/C in terms of Blue Water & White Sands. But I really enjoy the scenery on the drive out there. For me there is a lot less pressure from the locale vendors. It may just be me, but the drive is pleasant, and there is a more laid back atmosphere, and when I get home, I feel great.:cool:

B/C on the other hand, is nicer by comparison, but has a sell, sell, sell, atmosphere, gets me in trouble with my Wife,( I always have to pick up my eyes and put them back in.) :rolleyes: and dealing with the traffic in the Capital on the way back home, when I get there, I'm usually exhausted. :tired:

Next up are some overnighters to the beaches on the North Shore.

Thanks
Tim H.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Jan,I can really see you running a Bar in Boca Chica!

Why not go and work there for a few months to get the "lay of the land"?Bars are always opening and closing there! I think that you could make iot work! You are not interested in making a "Killing" off the tourists,just making a living! Am I right? Do it! After those 7 oz. Presidentes I "discovered" the other day,I may start drinking again!I'll be there every weekend! CRIS