DR women's attitutde toward black Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
I recently returned form my 1st. trip to the DR (Boca Chica), and of course was blown away by my reception by the local women. (Please park you attitudes at the door - I know this is a loaded subject, so please don't make snap judgements.) I'm white but have a black friend/business associate who heard of my experience and would love to go. I know that in many places black men have a bad rep. I would hate to recommend this trip to my friend and have him experience a lesser reception because of his color. For instance, I know that some Dominican women think that all (or almost all) Dominican men are dogs. Will my friend be stereotyped there, or will he get the royal treatment, as I did? - D

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
pesos..pesos..pesos

I have one question....................................Will he have money in his pocket?.......................There is your answer.
Larry

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Hey Danny

Color has nothing to do with women in the DR. Money talks. I have been to BC three times and I am classified as white and I saw black men (tourists being treated the same way). Especially many of the NY soccer team staying at the Hamaca who were going to be playing the Dominican National team. The vendors and women hit them just as much as me. Why do some white people think that all women in other countries adore them? Women tell me, I only like white men while in the DR but they will tell the Black American, I only like Black American men. Get the picture. In Boca Chica, money talks. Why else would a pretty 19 year old girl be hanging around an extremely ugly, 60 plus year old man? Because she loves him because he's white and he's a nice guy. Hell no, she just closes her eyes and pretends he's Enrique Iglesias or whoever, it is all about the money. She wants to be the girl for his vacation and hopefully the man will keep her around and pay her very well. It's all about Western Union and possibly a visa. Happy to say, I found one who is finally different so no more BC for me.
dale7(cutting through the dung)

ssm

Mar 6, 2003
Money is all your friend will need in DR like in all around the world. Don't worry that much!

He needs to put some "GREEN PAPERS" on his pocket and he will attract smiles from even the fishes in the beach.

arenas809

May 22, 2002
Re: Hey Danny

dale7 said:
Color has nothing to do with women in the DR. Money talks. I have been to BC three times and I am classified as white and I saw black men (tourists being treated the same way). Especially many of the NY soccer team staying at the Hamaca who were going to be playing the Dominican National team. The vendors and women hit them just as much as me. Why do some white people think that all women in other countries adore them? Women tell me, I only like white men while in the DR but they will tell the Black American, I only like Black American men. Get the picture. In Boca Chica, money talks. Why else would a pretty 19 year old girl be hanging around an extremely ugly, 60 plus year old man? Because she loves him because he's white and he's a nice guy. Hell no, she just closes her eyes and pretends he's Enrique Iglesias or whoever, it is all about the money. She wants to be the girl for his vacation and hopefully the man will keep her around and pay her very well. It's all about Western Union and possibly a visa. Happy to say, I found one who is finally different so no more BC for me.
dale7(cutting through the dung)

we have a soccer team? why?

latinarubia

Mar 6, 2003
Danny, are u sure you are not secretly wondering if DR women just prefer white guys? I mean surely you don't expect someone to tell you here that yeah, DR women generally hate DR men and in turn all black men in general. I'm sure like most latin women, they are highly intelligent and while you think ur making their hearts go pitter patter they are just thinking $ che-ching $!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
If your friend is going to Stay in Boca Chica he will do just fine. But if anybody here thinks that all a guy needs is a wallet full of money to get any girl in the DR they are sadly mistaken.
Outside of the "working Girls" most Dominican Women will not give a black man the time of day. Sexually speaking.
Most Dominicans would be insulted if you referred to them as Black. "Haitians are black!" is what they say.
Now don't kill the messenger. It is just a fact. Of course their are a few exceptions.

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
my 2 cheles....

In my opinion, dominican women like allll colors, flavors....the rainbow baby...we dont discriminate....well of course thats coming from me who lives in the US OF A so i guess i aint saying much......

BUT my cousins and other family members that are out there never descriminate, IN FACT, they say "MIRA QUE MORENITO MAS LINDO"....granted u gotta be cute!!! U can be un blanquito que ta acabando or un morenito bello, its not skin color...can't speak for alll of course, but for the most part, UR CUTE AANNNND U HAVE MONEY??? YOUR A WIINNNNNER!!!!

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
?

latinarubia said:
Danny, are u sure you are not secretly wondering if DR women just prefer white guys? I mean surely you don't expect someone to tell you here that yeah, DR women generally hate DR men and in turn all black men in general. I'm sure like most latin women, they are highly intelligent and while you think ur making their hearts go pitter patter they are just thinking $ che-ching $!

I thought that the DR had a racial mix of about
11% Caucasian, 17% Black, and the rest mixed.
If Dominican woman were nixing Dominican men
would they not be turned off to many "types"
of men? As far as most Latin women being
highly intelligent, why are Latin women
different from the rest of the world? Some
people are highly intelligent, most are average,
and some are below average. That goes for
everyone in the human race.
From what I have seen, preferences are
made through choices, experience, and yes,
ignorance. It comes down to the individual.

Danny,

I hope your friend has a great time!

M

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Amen

lalla said:
my 2 cheles....

In my opinion, dominican women like allll colors, flavors....the rainbow baby...we dont discriminate....well of course thats coming from me who lives in the US OF A so i guess i aint saying much......

BUT my cousins and other family members that are out there never descriminate, IN FACT, they say "MIRA QUE MORENITO MAS LINDO"....granted u gotta be cute!!! U can be un blanquito que ta acabando or un morenito bello, its not skin color...can't speak for alll of course, but for the most part, UR CUTE AANNNND U HAVE MONEY??? YOUR A WIINNNNNER!!!!

I agree.

M

latinarubia

Mar 6, 2003
Just in case there was any confusion Danny, the referrence to money on my reply had nothing to do with being able to buy DR women, I was simply saying that as they are in a working enviornment, it is common sense that they would be hospitable to most if not all tourists. They are there to work, to get paid.

latinarubia

Mar 6, 2003
Re: ?

I think then you just answered your own question.
Let me re-phrase the highly intelligent part, I think you would be underestimating the intelligence of these women and their judgement if you would consider that they would treat ur friend differently based only on his colour

Last edited:

latinarubia

Mar 6, 2003
oops!

ok sorry, I'm at work and pretty busy and didn't see that Villa quoted me not Danny...whatever. Back to work....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Most poor dominican girls would like to be with an african american male from USA. However, if he comes to santiago, he won't be even noticed by any of the girls from the better class. santiagueras are very racists. You must have light skin, straight hair and no african features. You must be well dressed and must know how to talk properly to be able to mix in.
Yes, some girls are very loose and they might mix into some action with him behind closed doors but they would not like to be seen in public holding his hand.
If your friend goes to Boca Chica, sosua, cabarette and puerto plata, he will do just fine. Thats because a whore is a whore.

Mar 21, 2002
AZB is right about "ei cibao". But elsewhere it doesn't matter.

Color is not an issue in the DR. The problem is the Haitian issue. If the DR folk knows he's American he could stand on his head and the only comment will be "eso le luce" meaning since he's a gringo it doesn't matter what he does.

Hey if Pena Gomez who is the ugliest African I've ever seen can get a pretty white woman, anyone can in the DR. Even the elephant man can!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Onions&carrots said:
AZB is right about "ei cibao". But elsewhere it doesn't matter.

Color is not an issue in the DR. The problem is the Haitian issue. If the DR folk knows he's American he could stand on his head and the only comment will be "eso le luce" meaning since he's a gringo it doesn't matter what he does.

Hey if Pena Gomez who is the ugliest African I've ever seen can get a pretty white woman, anyone can in the DR. Even the elephant man can!

ahahahahhah SOOOO true, he fell off the ugly tree and hit EVERY branch coming down and yet he managed to get a nice looking woman...

i am from santiago and i have always heard the "we" are comemierda out there....i probably would be too if i lived out there ahahahhahah

Mar 21, 2002
Hey Lallalalala lalala you are from Santiago. Allow me to introduce you to AZB. He is the chief promulgator and promoter of Santiago placed by Hippo himself. All at a hefty paycheck of 100k pesos a month plus his other governmental perks.

Yes lalalala you're right about Pena very funny.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i was once talking to a white beautiful lady with hazel light eyes. She was old but I can imagine she was stuningly beautiful when she was young. It was a PRD party with Hippo present. I knew that she was a rich woman who might have been a wife of a powerful man in the party. I was later told that she was Peggy, wife of Pena gomez. Wow, I couldn't believe that a gorilla like him could land such a beauty at his disposal.

salito123

Mar 10, 2003
this is typical Dominican thinking.......

that black is ugly.......

i am black

and far from ugly

LUDUS

May 7, 2002
Different racisms

Dominican and american racism are different with different histories. In RD it matters very much How Black? In the US it historically just mattered if there was even one drop of african blood - any at all and you were black. Very true that an americano is an honorary white no matter what his color. It would make for an interesting plot though if a rich dark americano was to lose his voice and be mistaken for a haitian, picked up and sent to a batey to cut cane ...

Status
Not open for further replies.