Beware Of Promises Made By Diane Pellerin: New Update!!!Page 4: Bush Baby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
ATTENTION
There is a member of this board who offers appartments for rent on various sites,when people contact her she quotes a price,tells people she will help them find work easily.Unfortunatly she sends a lot of people to me and I cannot offer work to most of them.I learned the truth today when a nice lady with 2 kids and hubby came to see me and was almost in tears,they sold everything to move here on her?promises,she also doubles the price quoted for rent when they arrive according to 4 people ive talked to who got caught in the same scam,they also said the appts are dumps located in a campo named Munoz just outside of Playa Dorada.:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
J.H.
I CANNOT TOLERATE PEOPLE WHO CREATE HUMAN MISERY FOR THEIR OWN FINANCIAL GAIN.If anyone asks me for work using this person for a refference in the future I will turn them away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Good to see you take this to heart Johnny....

Must be nerve wreaking to have to see this situation. Mu?oz, isn't that out by Playa Dorada, on the other side of the highway??

Egads.....

HB

sounds like a " bait and switch" scam to me.....

Why, oh why, won't they listen???

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Hillbilly said:
Good to see you take this to heart Johnny....

Must be nerve wreaking to have to see this situation. Mu?oz, isn't that out by Playa Dorada, on the other side of the highway??

Egads.....

HB

sounds like a " bait and switch" scam to me.....

Why, oh why, won't they listen???
HB
Yes Munoz is back in the woods across from Playa Dorada,
Robert I hope she does respond on the board if not I will surely see her around one day and give her a piece of my mind:angry:
Johnny

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Now we know why she got stuck with a "bum" cheque......and came crawling to the board looking for help to locate the "deadbeat"! Sounds now like it was just "payback!"

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Exactly

MommC said:
Now we know why she got stuck with a "bum" cheque......and came crawling to the board looking for help to locate the "deadbeat"! Sounds now like it was just "payback!"

Though I recall being the lone voice of dissent/caution as people fell over themselves trying to assist her while castigating the "criminal" at the same time when I pointed out it was a pretty one-sided case being presented and she could have been soaking wet, truth-wise.

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
OH DEAR THIS IS SUCH A SHAME ,POOR PEOPLE IF YOU LOOK ON HER WEB PAGE SHE ADVOCATES JOBS IN THE TOURIST TRADE ,WELL WE ALL KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS ,POOR PAY LONG HOURS ,ARE HER FLATS THAT BAD REALY ???. I DONT KNOW BUT I NEARLY CONTACTED HER TO STAY HERE IN JULY AND OCT BUT STAYED AI (godim so lazy)lol lol .HAD A FANTASTIC TIME NOW I KNOW WHY PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE HERE.

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
BlackJack said:
OH DEAR THIS IS SUCH A SHAME ,POOR PEOPLE IF YOU LOOK ON HER WEB PAGE SHE ADVOCATES JOBS IN THE TOURIST TRADE ,WELL WE ALL KNOW HOW HARD THIS IS ,POOR PAY LONG HOURS ,ARE HER FLATS THAT BAD REALY ???. I DONT KNOW BUT I NEARLY CONTACTED HER TO STAY HERE IN JULY AND OCT BUT STAYED AI (godim so lazy)lol lol .HAD A FANTASTIC TIME NOW I KNOW WHY PEOPLE WANT TO LIVE HERE.
Thanks for your input Blackjack,your 1st post is a scream
J.H:confused:

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
OH YESS JH YOU SURLEY WOULD SCREAM IF YOU CAME ACROSS ME IN A ALLEY LOL
AS THIS IS MY FIRST POST I WILL LET IT GO LOL LOL STILL STIFF UPPER ENGLISH LIP AND ALL THAT , (WHY DO THE ENGLISH SAY THAT ??) ANYBODY KNOW ,WELL I GUESS NOT ALL ENGLISH ONLY HALF THE OTHER IS RUSSIAN GOD KNOWS WHY THOUGH ??????? JACK ,,,,,,,,,

Jerry

Jan 1, 2002
www.livinginsantiago.com
Jack

When you type messages on the internet and they are all in CAPITAL LETTERS it is the same as if you were yelling at the person. That is what the comment was talking about.

Jerry

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thank you Johnny for putting into words something I have felt for some time. I know the apartments at Munoz are a bit on the seedy side & Munoz is very difficult to get to unless you have a car (or better still - a jeep). Re the job promising, I rather gathered she was promising Time-share selling & we all know what a hard job THAT can be!!!! I have warned a few people by e-mail to do more investigative work on Ms Pellerin when they requested more info from me - now it is out in the open from the one she is sending her "clients" to, I can be more specific in my responses.

BlackJack - we tend to speak our mind here so don't get uptight with JH - below that gruff exterior he is a real nice guy!! Drinks a fairly mean brandy after meals which PROVES he can be a Gent!!!! - Grahame.

BlackJack

Dec 5, 2002
Sorry guys didnt mean to offend here just a little joke ,well when im here next ill buy a few brandys no problemo.

jack

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I hope everybody reads this!!!

Ever since I joined this board I have always maintained that the reason for this board is to promote DR, promote communications between people interested in DR and helping those who wish to know about Dominican life and things....of course all of this...FREE OF CHARGE!!!

In spite of the fact that many of us, myself included, could easily become con men/women and utilize our knowledge to extort money from the many people who have these wonderful dreams about our country, I know that most of us are honestly trying to uphold the value of this board for what it is meant to be.

However, just like everywhere else there are jerks who do more harm to our country than some of our home grown criminals. I sure hope that people understand that information about DR is FREE. You should not have to pay for advice on jobs, immigration,the economy, information about tourism, apartment and house hunting and other services. You should be able to gather enough here in DR! without having to pay "Buscones". I hate buscones with a passion, just like I hate street vendors who hound our tourists and make them wish they never come back. Naturally there are some services that require professional help, and in that case, we can provide insights as to the right and wrong people...also FREE OF CHARGE:

If you ever feel that something is too good to be true, or someone is charging you for a service, please address me directly to DR1 thru any forum. Do not e-mail me. My answers have to be known to everyone in the forum. This is the best way to preserve integrity and misunderstandings. But please...dont waste your money with false prophets.

TW

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Graham
Thanks for you addition to this thread.
Golo
You hit the nail on the head,thats what were suposed to be all about.
Sequel to this story 6 of the people she has conned moving out this week vave found new lodgings,also most are going to post warnings of their own on the net telling their story
J.H,:bandit:
ps:Still waiting to hear your side Diane,hope you can come up with a good excuse.:angry:

Macoris

Apr 17, 2002
Mme Pellerin - JOB GUARANTEE PROGRAM

I had first-hand experience with Diane Pellerin. Two years ago, I wanted to refer a friend of mine to her since he wanted to find a job in DR and she guaranteed to find him a job at Playa Dorada within one week. Since, I am sceptical by nature, I wanted to know more about it. Therefore, while visiting Puerto Plata I went to visit her and her so called appartments. I met with her and saw the appartments. Let me tell you that these appartments are very bad and far from the main road (it is passed a Batey). I did not say anything to her but I was not impressed at all by what I have seen. Furthermore, I met three people from Canada living there. They all told me that they responded an AD made by Diane in newspapers in Canada and came down to the DR on the promise of Diane to find them employment. Yes, they were working but selling timeshares and as you are aware it is not an easy job and your salary is only based on your sales only (commission-based salary). They were very disappointed, discouraged and to say the least unimpressed by the appartments and their situation. They had been duped big time. If Diane had been honest with them and not lured them to Monoz on the promise of a job at Playa Dorada in exchange of renting them rudimentary appartments it will have been fair. But no, they went there by relying on false promises and with false expectations. In all fairness, Diane appears to be a nice person (well she was a timeshare seller at HEAVENS for many years, what I am expecting !) but she wants to make a buck or two by renting her so called appartments which are just not suitable for North-Americans or Europeans. She should refrain herself by wrongly advertising her JOB EMPLOYMENT GUARANTEE PROGRAM in exchange of renting her appartments. If you look at her website, it is appealing but the reality is completely different. I am writing this email to CAUTION all prospectives job-seekers and to put them on NOTICE about what they are getting into when dealing with Diane PELLERIN. Finally, I must add that the chances to be taken and deceived by someone in the DR are as great if you are dealing with a foreigner than a dominican. It is not because that they are foreigner that you should trust them. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

Macoris

Apr 17, 2002
I must add that the only foreigner that I trust in Puerto Plata is GRAHAME. He proved me to be trustful, never made a promise that he cannot meet and he is reliable. It is great to notice that they are still honest people around.

P.S.: By the way, Grahame did not tell me to write this. I just wanted to put things in perspective and to illustrate two different types of GRINGOS living in DR.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Macoris, Grahame told me to tell you that your this month's commission check is in the mail.
Just kidding. hahahaha

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
No need to pass on messages to people on my behalf AZB - Any communication I need to make to them I am quite capable of doing myself. Honest, ..... I am a big boy now & have learned how to type!!
Hey Macoris, how about an e-mail updatre on how things are going with you?? Haven't heard from you in YONKS!!! - Grahame.

Kim-Louise

Aug 27, 2002
DIANE PELLERIN

Well...Well....Well. I am one of the many I am sure that would have been pulled in by this woman. But when I was seriously considering moving there from England to find work etc. I was contacted from the board, by Mr Bush. Thank God. His advice to me at the time was go to Ms Pellerin and check out her apartments etc before making a decision. I had a re think about things. I love the DR but for me I feel that it is not a place for me to make a living. The DR is a place to have a holday home or a place to retire. I so feel for the family who arrived there and basically had nothing. I will say this, for me to have made such a drastic step as this family did I would have wanted to make sure that everything was set up before I arrived and made several visits prior to make sure of this. But my heart goes out to that family. As someone said in one of the posts,. the board is open to people to draw people in and scam them. I personally do listen to the advice given. It is hard to tell who is genuine etc. But as someone said if it is too good to be true, then it probably is. For me, if I need any advice on the DR then I always and will always ask Grahame, providing I can get in touch with him. I am not a regular visitor to the board, but advice etc from TW and HB I find is very honest and to the point.

The DR is a lovely place and I love it. But I hope aswell as myself that people take heed about this con-artist, promising things she cannot deliver. It would have been nice if she would have responded. Obviously, what every1 has said is true or she would have been fighting her corner by now,.

Thanks again for the WARNING.!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.