Computer courses in Santo Domingo

NickW

Apr 21, 2002
Can anyone recommend anywhere in Santo Domingo (preferably Bella Vista area) that offers computer classes to the general public?
I am particularly interested on how to design a web page and would like to attend either a daytime or night class.

Thanks

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I don't think that you need any courses to create a basic website. I run two sites (www.dominicancooking.com and www.cocinadominicana.com) without having had any formal studies on the subject. Those are actually a hobbie of mine, should I decide to make a living out of it (highly unlikely) I would just keep learning on my own. There are some very good tutorials online (you would have to do a little googling, I did the basic tutorials a zillion years ago), this would be a good start, http://www.internet-magazine.co.uk/

But, if you must, the only schools that I know that may teach web-design are Centu and Dominico-Americano. You can contact them at:

Centu
Dr Delgado 103
Santo Domingo
(809) 221-3222

Universidad Dominico Americana
A Lincoln 21
Santo Domingo
(809) 535-0665
dir.dominico@codetel.net.do

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Try

www.webmonkey.com

I've used them to learn Flash, Photoshop skills, and some other stuff that I forgot.

edited to take out blah blah blah blah blah

Last edited:

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Hi NickW,

I remember the last time I was in Santo Domingo, that I saw a place in Bella Vista called "Samanel training center" something like that, in Avenida Bolivar, where I believe they offer computer classes. I know Samanel is a computer store, but the name "training center" comes to my memory.

Also, I know of a very popular computer school called "Escuela Nacional de Inform?tica", but that is not in Bella Vista, but in Gazcue, in Avenida Independencia, before the "Parque Independencia". I don't know specifically what computer courses are taught there, but you can check them out. Good luck.