Costambar/Cofresi

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
I am a frequent traveller to Puerto Plata and I usually stay in Cofresi when I'm travelling alone (without my daughter). Normally, I just stay at Plaza Taina. I have also stayed in Costambar but the accomodation was a one bedroom only. I am hoping to be back in Puerto Plata for a week in April (mid- April) or late May and I'm in search of accomodations (once again!). I will be taking my daughter with me, so I would like 2 bedrooms. I would prefer to be in Cofresi or Costambar, and my daughter really prefers to be somewhere with a pool (salt water bothers her eyes). Can anyone help? I have stayed at the SeaBreeze before and I really like the proximity to the beach. Isn't there a hotel right next door to Buddies (in Costambar)? Thanks!

T

TiberiusMineola

Black Beard's, Costambar

You might try :www.blackbeardsadultresort.com; recently changed hands, 22 rooms, very clean, all amenities including bar & restaurant. It has a substantial family patronage, despite the alluring name. American owned & managed; nearly everybody speaks English.

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Thanks for the info, but I don't think I would enjoy staying at a hotel that describes itself as being exotic and erotic. Especially since I will be a single mom travelling with a 9 year old daughter. Even if I was travelling alone, I wouldn't consider it. I travel alone often and I have had to get the security guard to stand outside my door at times....not that I'm anything special to write home about...but there are alot of people who assume that if you are a single woman travelling alone, you're on vacation to "have a good time". So, if anyone knows of a 2 bedroom apartment in a quiet zone that is fully equipped and close to the beach, with a pool, please let me know. Even a small house would do fine. I know there are plenty of villas in Cofresi to rent, but I'm not willing to dish out $900 US (or $1400 CDN) for the week....Thanks!

T

TiberiusMineola

"Costambar Monthly" newsletter

A new [ie 2002] monthly newsletter is being published in Costambar; I've read the March 2003 issue; 2 possible leads: "Condos & Houses for Rent . .large range of prices - Bill 970 7229".
"El Commodore Apts, luxurious 1 & 2 bedroom apts, private pool, maid service Steven 970 7280". both 809 area code.
Suggestions: There are some very clean, respectable hotels in POP avialable for 400 P / night [@ US $19.] It may be best to stay in a small hotel for 1, 2 nights while you search in person for a superior hotel, etc. for a longer stay? Good hunting. Patience!

moniquita

Sep 2, 2002
hi
i think the hotel your are refering to, next door to buddies , is the barlovento hotel
they have a nice operation going on with pool and close to the beach and one or two bedroom accomodations
if you want me to i can try to find their phone no.
would not use the blackbeard hotel either with a young daughter

maryanne

Mar 16, 2003
Thanks, but I have found accomodation. While I'm in Costambar this time, I will chcek out some other palces and get business cards.
Thanks again.