American Bandstand

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
When I was 14 years old, in 1958, American Bandstand was a local tv show from Philadelphia that was also shown in New York (I'm from Long Island), but probably nowhere else. We all would rush home from school to see who was dancing with whom on the show. All the "regulars" were stars to us. I actually got to go there with a group of friends. We were in the 8th. grade and got to dance beside Arlene, Joey, Bobby and all the cool characters we had stared at on tv.

Now I'm making my 1st. trip to Sosua (3/27 - 3/31), and I can't wait to meet the "regulars". I know that Jazzcomn will be at my hotel - I'm staying there at his recommendation. Where will everyone else be hanging out? Cafe Cito? Anyway, this website is becoming the American Bandstand of my later years and it's way cool!. - Danny W

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"American Bandstand"was truely AMERICAN!

It was shown all over the United States! I rushed home from Junior High every day to watch all those "Italian" girls in tight sweaters and skirts! Do you think they knew what I was doing while I watched? More important,do you think my mother knew?

The real action,and intellectual area is the South Shore,and Santiago! The North Shore is just for tourists and fugitives from Interpol!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC