"Language for Life" : Legitimate?

Birdie

Jul 31, 2002
Hi... I keep seeing ads on DR1 for teaching positions for Language for Life. I am looking for work for when I return to the DR, and I am curious about them.

A few years ago, when I lived there, I applied for a position with an "English" school starting up in Santo Domingo that was supposedly a South American company (I think), whose name I no longer recall. The teachers were to go through trainings and teach a mulititude of classes, but as the training day progressed, the whole affair smacked of a scam operation, with everyone involved (including teachers) being asked to purchase very expensive books and language tapes. I am hoping that Language for Life is NOT that company, but rather a legitimate and honest school for which I could feel comfortable applying.

Does anybody know details or experiences? I really love teaching, and I am looking forward to doing so again, but I want assurance that the organization is honest.

Thanks for any info!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Rest easy

I've interviewed with Patricia - la jefa - and sat in on classes and a corporate training sessions she instructed.

Patricia is very highly skilled in ESL and I assure you her business is legit.

I'd strongly recommend her services - and even more so for teachers looking for work - as the methodology is sound and a joy to apply.

edited: "thanks HB" estoy apriendo

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ahem! That's "La" Jefa.....

I can;t believe how hot ESL is getting nowadays...

HB