animals

Yoshua

Jul 22, 2002
Does anybody know if there are good vets in the DR.
Especially at the south east coast (La Romana).
I have 2 cats and want to know for sure that I can bring them with me.

Hope to hear from you.

Yoshua

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Yes there are!!!

I personally can not give you recommendations as I do not have any pets here myself however there have been tenants in our building with pets who took them for treatment.
I know there is a vet in San Pedro de Macoris for sure.
I'll check with one of my friends here and post the info as soon as I've reached her!
Maybe someone else can check a telephone directory and post the appropriate #'s (I would but I don't get a directory as we're never here when they are distributed).

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Do yourself and the DR a favor and leave your cat at home unless you are going to keep them indoors 24hrs a day.

2 reasons. They will not last very long outdoors and roaming pet cats have caused more ecological destruction the all of the major oilspills combined!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Now, now Tony C. - Be nice.........

Wandering cats also keep the rats and mice away!! This is the DR after all!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
They also destroy the local fauna. Birds and reptiles. Cats contribution to controling the local Rodent population is vastly overrated. A good hunting cat will kill what? one or 2 mice a day? That would hardly make a dent.

I did see a solenedron that was killed by a "Pet House Cat" Just think! One of the worlds most endangered animals killed by the actions of a ignorant cat lover.

You want a cat fine. Just treat it like any other pet. Keep it inside under control.