is not fair to say such a thing!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady merrique

Feb 9, 2002
RE: DR-HAITI UNIFICATION REPLY TO PIB

I don't agree with the Unification, but I posted it because it really matters to me regardless of the fact that someone else did it. Maybe someone out there is really glad that the topic was brought up again.

You can't assume that because this topic was discussed previously, that
a) an individual should be aware that it was previously discussed and do a search. specially when new members read the recent stuff
b) there is a TON of archives

In addition, new people/different members might be compelled to comment or be exposed because this time
a) the topic resurfaced again
b) this time they have a chance to reply
c) this time they are prepared to reply and luckily for them the topic was brought up again and is not old news anymore.

LASTLY, this circumstance is SPECIFIC, not general enough for you to be sarcastic and post the following remark

"Or to India that they merge back with Pakistan, etc. Do you actually know anything about DR and Haiti?"

This remark I guess reflects your opinion about the Unification between DR-Haiti. If I wanted to ask about India and Pakistan, I would of.

And yes I know something about DR, I was born there. I was insulted by your comment because by asking such a question you are questioning my ignorance. Well honey I know my history and this topic was brough up in my course "Brazil and the Amazonias." And for the first time I actually commented on it.....regardless of the fact that the issue has existed before my own existence.

I'm not trying to call attention to myself, Trust me there are other ways to do it. Just post anything that may imply a sexual innuendo and one will get hundreds of postings.

And I brought it up because I was asked whether or not I hate Haitians and it was directly related to racism from the Dominicans towards the Haitians and the Unification of DR-Haiti.

TO MAKE THIS LONG STORY SHORT.....is NOT FAIR FOR OTHERS TO DECIDE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU AND WHETHER OR NOT YOU WANT TO DICUSS IT AGAIN. SOMETIMES THERE ARE ISSUES OF CONCERN THAT ARE CONSTANTLY BROUGHT UP BECAUSE THEY HAVE SOME SORT OF LASTING IMPACT...

and yes I made some spelling errors in this posting.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Take it easy toots!

This is just an internet fourm. Don't take anything here too personal.
DR-Haitian unification is a very emotional issue. If you really do know the DR you would know that many Dominicans have very strong anti-Haitian feelings. What you asked was the equivalent of going to "little Havana" in Miami, and asking if they should drop the embargo against Cuba. You are going to get a strong reaction.
Ask you questions but don't get upset if somebody snaps back. Nobody here hates you.....Yet!

Tony C.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not only has this "Non-Issue"been discussed before,

this "Non-Issue" has been discussed before,"Ad-Nausium"!!!!!!!!!!
It ain't going to happen! Why start a "Flame War" over a dead issue?

CLOSED!!!!! CCCC

Status
Not open for further replies.