Policemen kill 37

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Man that is more than the loses in the Middle East so far. Keep protesting what is going on 5000 miles away people as you die for no reason. Why protest for what goes on at home? Guess that is just a bullshit abstraction.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Jazzcom, your post makes it sound as if Dominicans are not doing anything about this situation.

The Dominican Committee for Human Rights and other organisations are constantly protesting against these abuses and are working to bring them to an end.

The Dominican press also makes a point of focusing on these cases and has come under attack from the authorities for using the term 'alleged criminals' ('supuestos delincuentes').

In fact if you read the DR1 news story on the subject that is the subject - the fact that the campaigners are challenging the Chief of Police to investigate the cases and bring those responsible to justice. They have also threatened to take the Chief of Police to court for his inaction.

The Human Rights people have also taken part in the anti-war demonstrations.

Chiri

Last edited:

KenoshaChris

Jan 4, 2002
Last Week's Shooting in Sosua

BTW, what happened to the guy that got shot in Sosua last week after the parade?

JOHNNY HONDA

Motorcycle MANIAC
Sep 25, 2002
Not enough

Only 37 gee too bad it used to be much safer here before all these deportees who learned their trade in the U,S, streets and jails got a free ticket home,I say shoot em all.these human scuzzbags got too many rights and we dont.
J.H.

mainer

Mar 22, 2002
KenoshaChris,
There was a child shot last week, but I believe it was in POP. He was 14, I believe, and he was killed.
Mainer

Rosanie

Sep 20, 2002
JOhnny Honda...Did you think before you wrote your comments?

"Only 37 gee too bad it used to be much safer here before all these deportees who learned their trade in the U,S, streets and jails got a free ticket home,I say shoot em all.these human scuzzbags got too many rights and we dont."

What rights are we talking about here? We all have basic human rights and beyond that rights are relative to where you live and what you perceive/understand your rights to be.

What kind of statement is "shoot em all"????

What would be your criteria for shooting down all those "human scuzzbags got too many rights and we dont".

What is your definition of what your rights are? What rights do "the scuzzbags" have that you dont?

Rosanie
:confused: by your statement

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
yes, think before you post, thanks...

Gn
Dear "person" guynoir,you are off to a very poor start here on the DR1 "General Stuff" Forum! You seem to be "Looking" to start trouble,or pick a fight.I have the delete/edit control of this Forum. If you want to play in this "sandbox" don't throw so much sand,or you will haVE TO GO HOME! ok? cRIS cOLON

Why not enable the "PM",& E-mail features on you DR1 account? That way we can tell you "In Person" when you are out of line,without posting for everyone to see!

Last edited by a moderator:

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
PM and Emails activated

Hmmm..... I guess with moderating responsibilities come a certain degree of privileges... That sounds fair, I guess. That is the way the entire world is run, anyway.

Not my intention to cause trouble. I am honest. But the same message of thinking before responding should go both (all) ways.

I will try to be more careful. I will post in Spanish if I feel I will not be able to communicate effectively in English. Hope that is acceptable. After all, Spanish is the official language of the country. Veida' que si?

Thanks for putting up with me. Sincerely, GN

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Welcome",and you are certainly welcome to post in "Spanish",or "Dominican

If you chose the option to post in Spanish,you will reduce the number of DR1ers who know what you are posting by about 90 to 95 %! "English" is the common language of most use here.You have not as yet enabled your E-mail option.Finally the task of moderating would not be possible if not for the "Privelidges"of being able to edit & delete!Have an "Awsome" day!ccccccccccc

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
Saluditos...

Hi,

I can't type much. I actually never do anyway. CC, thanks for pointing out my typing errors. It helps with my English. I would do the same for you, if you typed in Spanish and made any errors. This is why we should be here, help each other in any way possible :)

I think writing my messages in Spanish could work as an incentive to those that don't speak it to learn more, maybe?.

I know there are plenty of other ways for people to do this, but this forum adds a bit of intrigueness, if that word does exist, so people might actually check their dictionaries for a certain word, talvez?.

Hmmm..I wanted to say something else, but forgot. Well, I hope to see you guys in the chat room. Como dijo Larry anoche " se esta revitalizando" asi es que acerquense por alli. Paz.....

Chau, Gn

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don'y worry Guy some of us have writ wrotten english for ears and still haven't gotton it rite.

Joelx

Aug 1, 2002
Honesty....is hardly ever heard....

Thanks Anna for your encouraging and sympathetic words.

Could we somehow install a spellcheck feature on this forum?

Just a thought. Have a wonderful day! GN