working as a singer

laila

Mar 22, 2003
hi everyone jus a bit of information can anyone tell me if there is employment for professional singers in hotel or bars. i am currently living in the canary island and have been working here for the past five years but would like to have some information about the d.r. and job situation as an entertainer:cool:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Entertainment is a national pastime

There is employment. However, do you want compete with 8 million Dominicans for it. Entertainment is a national pastime in the D.R. Unless you have a real special and unique talent, you can otherwise expect, long hours or not enough hours, few days off, and low pay. There is always someone waiting in the wings to replace you. Regards, PJT

laila

Mar 22, 2003
thanks silver

thanks for your reply, to be honest and i'm trying to be real I am quite good at what I do, have been working here for five years and never been without employment, I played in Asia, The U.A.E. , germany and England. I do all kind of music, from the 60s straight to the 2000 , from Elvis to Dr.DRE I can sing and rap and have been performing in quite a few important events so when you say if I do have a real talent I could get a job i, when we are talking about hotels or bars and if I am real good what is a good salary I could expect? Do you have any idea?
Thanks for the help

:bandit: