Is there such a barrio???

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
Is there such a Barrio called Barrio Importal in santo Domingo (The capital) My friend wants me to fedex him something there but since he's from here in NY he doesn't realize that the address he gave me seems to be miss ing something. Let me know if this sounds correct to you This is the address he gave me

Calle Importal #116
Barrio Importal
Santo Domingo RD

By the way i checked on a very detailed map and i can find no such thing the closest i got to it was El Portal he said that he was right off of Independencia But Independencia goes a loooonnnngg way lol right!!
Anyway i would appreciate the info if anyone could find out thanks

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Yes, there is a neighborhood called El Portal and it is near the Independencia, right near the offices of the Cerveceria Nacional Dominicana, brewers of Cerveza Presidente.

But the address does not seem right. Doubt very much there is a street in that neighborhood with the same name of the neighborhood. Double check with your friend.

So far you now know the neighborhood is very likely El Portal. What you need now is a street name (as the number is probably the one you have), and to be sure you need a telephone number.

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Yes, there is a street El Portal, in the barrio El Portal. It is sandwiched between south side of the Mirador del Sur and Av. Independencia. It is parallel to calles San Juan Bautista and El Condado. Regards, PJT

Last edited:

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
more Info

Yes I do have the phone number to the address he gave me but the address he gave me was called Calle IMPORTAL he didn't say EL PORTAL and that is what I was trying to figure out If he was pronouncing it wrong or if there are two Barrios and streets with similar names. Please let me know Thanks

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Heck!!! If you have the phone no. make the call, remove all doubt. Regards, PJT

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
I have the number but..............

Yes, I have the number but like I said he is from here in NY he has no idea where he is staying he hardly speaks spanish. What I'm thinking is that he is probably saying the name wrong that is why I have so many doubts............