Time Change Sunday, April 4

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Time Change Sunday, April 6

The first Sunday in April is the day that the US moves its clocks one hour ahead and goes back on EST, meaning that people there will again be on the same time as the DR.

As far as I am concerned, this is a good day for those of us living here as we can once again watch the good evening programs without missing out on sleep.

Note: The date was corrected with the help of Musicqueen, who took time out of partying to help me out.

Last edited:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Ken...sorry to inform you...

...that the time change is for 2:00 a.m. on <b><i>Sunday, April 6th!!!</b></i>

The reason I know this is because <b><i> APRIL 4th</b></i> is <b>MY BIRTHDAY</b>...

It falls on a Friday, I will start the celebrations on Wednesday, April 2nd, and maybe finish by midnight on the 6th!!!

If anybody is close to my playground on those dates, you're welcome to come join me!!!

But be forewarned...we party 'till we drop!!!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You are right, MQ, I really goofed that. Can't even use fact I am living in the DR as an excuse.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since it looks like we are all correcting Ken,I will Too!

New York and the "Eastern 1/4" of the USA, ARE on EST! Eastern Standard Time.They will change to EDT,or Eastern Daylight Time on Sunday April 6th.! Back to bed Ken!!!!!!Were you the one who was in charge of the "Time Change" in the DR3 years ago?CCCCCC

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I'll be a pain in the neck now and tell you that it's called Eastern
Daylight SAVINGS Time.
Spring forward. Fall back. When we fall back we are on EST

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
no me importa

I dont care what time it is as long as the damn winter is over.That was the worst winter ever.

Happy Birthday MQ.

Larry

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Re: Since it looks like we are all correcting Ken,I will Too!

Criss Colon said:
Back to bed Ken!!!!!!Were you the one who was in charge of the "Time Change" in the DR3 years ago?CCCCCC

People cried too much about that, it was really crazy but I actually liked it, the only thing was that the nights were pretty damn long. They used to do that back in the 80s and then Balaguer went back in power and took it off so that his henchmen aka businessmen could loot and plunder like there was no tomorrow.........but enuff of that, enjoy your b-day MQ and while you're in Miami having fun, I gotta be stuck at the office here in Virginia :angry: but its all good. Enjoy

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Thank you guys...

for the well wishes...

Now, isn't anyone going to be around this part of the world for those days?

Theresa, my friend...how about it?

Maybe Negro Lindo can come down also, and I know for a fact that arenas809 is in Miami...so how about it?

Ooops, sorry...didn't mean to hijack the thread...!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
And April 6th is my birthday!!!!! Whoopeee!!!!! Too bad, I lose an hour, but it works out for the best!! Happy Birthday to you too Musicqueen! Have a blast and a half!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Well, it is obvious that facts and figures related to the system of time keeping aren't my forte.

But then, my only interest in the time change is the fact the TV programs I'm interested in will begin at 8 or 9pm instead of 9 or 10pm, at least until October 26.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Wud. Don't confuse Ken even more than he is now. You are joking about the soon to be 2 hour diff aren't you? ;)

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
Thanks for informing the board of the time change

I was so clueless of the time change, this is the first I knew about that. By the way, happy b-day MQ. My girlfriend lives in the mountain area and she has to go outside about 50 meters for reception and now I will be on time when I call. Thanks again.
dale7(Howard)

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
Since MQ deviated from the thread...

My birthday is coming up too, MQ. Maybe we can get together and celebrate and do some of that dirty talking!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thank goodness

I have been sleepy for the last five months... I hate it when the Dr does not change, especially since the reasons that are forwarded are not in the least bit valid...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
US & EU Change Clocks on Different Days

Live and learn. I didn't know until today that the US and European Union change clocks on different days. The EU moved clocks ahead yesterday, while the US doesn't do so until Sunday the 6th.

To see the dates on which the US and EU change clocks during the next few years, http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html