Miss USA 2003: a Latina!

Ursulita

Feb 20, 2003
Susie Castillo ( http://www.missusa.com/index2.html) was soo beautiful, when I saw her I thought to myself: "This girl have to be Boricua or Platanera" (my third guess was going to Colombia) actually she is both.

She is the 2nd Latina to win the title in 52 years. The 2nd colored woman in a roll (last year was an Afro-American), I think her wining deeply represent the expansion of Latinos in the States. Hope that her title will help remove some Latino stereotype as she so wonderfully said.....

" SAN ANTONIO - Miss Massachusetts Susie Castillo was crowned Miss USA? 2003 in the 52nd annual staging of the pageant Monday night. Castillo (23) -of Lawrence, Massachusetts- an office manager and model, will be America's candidate in the Miss Universe pageant in June in Panama City, Panama. A fluent Spanish speaker with Puerto Rican roots, Castillo said she would use her crown to try to raise the stature of the nation's Hispanic population. "Hopefully I can erase some stereotypes about Latinos ? that they're not all housekeepers, drug dealers or hoodlums in the ghetto," she said. "Maybe there are some roles out there for a queen." (source Globalbeauties.com)

Miss Universe is Panamean, Miss USA is Dominican-PuertoRican...

Aren't you happy and proud you all? Me I am! Good luck Susie

Last edited by a moderator:

dale7

Apr 18, 2002
www.stores.ebay.com
I think she looks very lovely

Of course I am partial to the Latin/Carribean look. I think she is a very pretty young lady and I sure wouldn't kick her out of my bed;) That is a big honor, glad she won.
dale7(Howard)

DR_DEFENDER

Jan 8, 2002
Actually, from what I've seen I think that she a very pretty girl. Let's not be so negative. I don't know why there is always someone who has to say something to put someone down instead of uplifting them. Who in here is perfect to speak as one?

I'm happy for her and wish her the best. And for the common about how some people think that all Latins are a big happy family.....I think that with all the problems, factions and hatred in this world I think it would definitely be good even if half of all latins were a big happy family.

DR_DEFENDER

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
She looks great

I think she is beautiful.great eyes,skin,smile,hair....I am in love.
Larry

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Great looking young woman. The best part is that she lives a stone's throw away from me!

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
Cristobal Columbus...

Must I remind you your momma's advise...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything

It would seem like you are not happy that two beautiful latin women has overshadowed all other american women. Well, better get used to it, pal! Especialmente when in a few, latins will be the majority in the USofA....

By the way....Everyone starting from Canada down till you get to las Islas Malvinas are Americanos..Thanks to Americo Vespucio..just a very known fact...Zenkiu very much...cambio y fuera..GN

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: Cristobal Columbus...

Guynoir said:
Must I remind you your momma's advise...if you can't say something nice, don't say anything

Your mother wears army boots!!!

I haven't watched a beauty pagent since I was about 13. There is nothing in a pagent that interests me.
I see pretty women driving down any street in Miami or Santo Domingo.

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
Igual aqui...

I am with you Tony. I don't think many men watch this type of shows unless we knew we would see substantial flesh exposed.
Anyway, I would rather watch this than car racing :) or anything like that. Para el gusto se hicieron los colores. Do they say that in your native land too? Can't remember

As far as beatiful women goes...I believe they exist in every place in the world. Obviously, some lands have them in greater abundance than others ( and your place is one of those blessed places in my opinion), but still there are beautiful women everywhere. Nuevamente, para el gusto se hicieron los colores.

Feliz dia, Hacere, GN

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How hard is it to say " Congrats Susie" and leave out the race cars and naked bodies out of this?

katty

Mar 14, 2003
miss usa

Tony C said:
Too Skinny and she has a plastic nose. I'd still do her the favor!

BTW I hate people who think that all Latins are one big happy family!
thats ok i think she is beautiful, dominican people are in a class by themselves BEAUTIFUL