Miss USA 2003: a Latina!

Ursulita

Feb 20, 2003
CRIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS stop erasing my posts! I think this subject belong in this section. Why not!

Susie Castillo ( http://www.missusa.com/index2.html) was soo beautiful, when I saw her I thought to myself: "This girl have to be Boricua or Platanera" (my third guess was going to Colombia) actually she is both.

She is the 2nd Latina to win the title in 52 years. The 2nd colored woman in a roll (last year was an Afro-American), I think her wining deeply represent the expansion of Latinos in the States. Hope that her title will help remove some Latino stereotype as she so wonderfully said.....

" SAN ANTONIO - Miss Massachusetts Susie Castillo was crowned Miss USA? 2003 in the 52nd annual staging of the pageant Monday night. Castillo (23) -of Lawrence, Massachusetts- an office manager and model, will be America's candidate in the Miss Universe pageant in June in Panama City, Panama. A fluent Spanish speaker with Puerto Rican roots, Castillo said she would use her crown to try to raise the stature of the nation's Hispanic population. "Hopefully I can erase some stereotypes about Latinos ? that they're not all housekeepers, drug dealers or hoodlums in the ghetto," she said. "Maybe there are some roles out there for a queen." (source Globalbeauties.com)

Miss Universe is Panamean, Miss USA is Dominican-PuertoRican...

Aren't you happy and proud you all? Me I am! Good luck Susie!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Ursulita" your posts have not been deleted by me!

I must corect you,Susie Castillo is an American! Her father was born in the Dominican Republic,and her mother was born in Puerto Rico.Susie was born in the USA,that makes her an American! She was abused and abandoned as a child.(No Comment Needed Here!)She is a college graduate and a successful professional model.Good luck to her!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
Cristobal...

As spiderman put it...with more power should come a greater sense of responsibility....I am glad you deleted your post..
There is always room for improvement....GN

Billy Bob Redma

Jul 18, 2002
Power corrupts!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!!!

"Newguy",we know who you are,and we know your "IP"!Can you say "Sock Puppet?!

Last edited:

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Billy Bob?

Billy Bob Redman is back? "Yuk Yuk Yuk"

Larry

by the way.."sock puppets" are popping up all over the place lately.

Last edited:

Guynoir

Apr 29, 2002
What is the name of the game? Intimidation, talvez?

Billy Bob Thornton,

I take it you were referring to me when you said "Newguy". If not, I apologize.

I must say I am not a new guy. I have been a regular user of DR1 since 1998. I just did not care to post then, but used to frequently enter the chat room and meet new people. Were you guys around then? Never saw you before.

Now, I must remind you Spanish is my first language, and to be honest, I am still working on it too. So, please don't make me work that hard. I had to look up this sock puppet word in the dictionary so I could understand what you were talking about.

Here is what I found :

Sock puppet n. [Usenet: from the act of placing a sock over your hand and talking to it and pretending it's talking back] In Usenet parlance, a pseudo through which the puppeteer posts follow-ups to their own original message to give the appearance that a number of people support the views held in the original message.

Hmmm...I must say you are a "wrong man" as one of my students of my then ESL teacher friends once put it. Unlike, some of you, I am not here to brag about my intelectual prowess or anything else.

I come here because I love my country and it seems like there are many people that share the same feeling in this forum. Hope you guys are part of that crowd.

I made a mistake in my previous post. I assumed that Cristobal Colombus had erased his comment about the Latin American beauties who won the Miss USA and Miss Universe glamorous pageants going naked on Playboy magazien. I later discovered the same message was posted on two different forums, and his disrespectful words were still there. My bad! I will be more carefulito next time.

I must say que me importa un pepino o un aji that you know my IP. Are you part of a mafia or underground secret death squadron. Have any connections with late trujillo, Saddam Hussein or Bin Laden? I hate threats. They make me berri berry upset. So, think before you type, compa. I consider myself a man of peace and I want to keep it that way. Thanks.....

Write more later, have chores to do. Your correspondent, GN

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
The first thing that came to mind when I saw Miss Mass. was wow if she won there will be a big post on the DR1 website tomorrow touting how finally there was a women at least of Dominincan descent to be Miss USA

Remember all the posts that came form the beauty pagent thread that pretty much concluded the fact that american women look like bull dikes to latinas? Well and now it looks like Miss USA is not good enough for our old Bill Bob Redma...she must not be half as hot as those sanquimujer's as his apartment ;)