Strong Opinions!!

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Being on the board since January 2002. One cannot help but notice that many of us (not sparing myself), have very strong ideas and opinions on what should and should not be done in the Island we all love and sometimes...love to hate.

I would like to hear from members here what are the three things they would do if they became the President of The Dominican Republic??

On my part I would:

1. Declare the whole island a free zone.

2. Sort out the electricity problem by throwing out the private companies and starting all over again, stop providing free electricity.

3. Improve roads and facilities specially for tourist areas to attract more tourists.

Last edited by a moderator:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
My Three "Things"

1."Fix" the Electric generation/distribution/debt collection problems
2.Triple the pay for primary education teachers/get rid of the unqualified teachers/recruit qualified teachers.
3.Kill all members of political parties and start over!
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
3 things

I would:

1) force all Dominicans to learn how to drive

2) declare all putas,fishing excursions,golf and alcoholic beverages free for Americans named "Larry"

3)Kick out all Germans

Larry

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Criss,

Your number 2 is my number 2...in the States!

Can't comment on what I would change in the DR..things are messed up everywhere.

MaineGirl

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
1. privatize the power companies. If you believe they have been privatized then you have a lot to learn. Give them total control. They in turn will alow them to run the companies in a efficient and profitable manner. they will not let anybody have free electricity.

2. Adopt civil service regulations. No more jobs for votes. If you work for the Gov. the job is yours until you quit, are found totally incompatent or commit a criminal act.

3. Adopt a English based legal system. No more judges deciding cases but yous a jury of peers to decide guilt or innocence.

Apr 26, 2002
1. Change the constitution to require a 2/3 vote of both houses of congress to incur foreign debt;

2. Make as an exception to the above rule the allotment of amounts needed to fight in the courts and the international media the interests of Union Fenosa and to ultimately settle to buy their interests and re-do privitization using an economic model that makes sense;

3. Fight for the protection of certain key Dominican industries (a future of tourism, alone, is no future for an country of millions of people); and

4. Though you didn't ask for a number 4, I must add it anyway: A plebicite naming me "Dear Leader" for life.