Money RD$

ladylove

Mar 31, 2003
hello,
I am just wondering how much this would be in U.S. dollars?
RD$4,000
I'm just a little confused on how this all works with the U.S. dollars to RD$.
thanks

ladylove

Mar 31, 2003
RD$

You wrote:
Divide dominican pesos by 25 to give you dollars!
4000 pesos =160 dollars! Cris

thanks,
I was just a bit confused, when I read other posts and it seemed like alot. I don't see how people say that it's hard to live in the DR. If people come down there to retire and they of course have their retirement money. I think they would being doing just fine in fact great! :bunny:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: RD$

ladylove said:
You wrote:
I don't see how people say that it's hard to live in the DR. If people come down there to retire and they of course have their retirement money. I think they would being doing just fine in fact great!

What do you call "great" retirement money?

As I always say, visiting is one thing, living is an entirely different proposition...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
A couple of things:

The rate of exchange varies from place to place. In Sosua today, it would take US$166.66 at an exchange bank and 168.42 at Banco Popular. The exchange rate in Santo Domingo is better than that in Sosua.
This is not a fixed rate; many factors combine to determine the weakness of the peso in relation to the dollar. Not too many months ago you needed close to US$222 to get RD$4000.

How much your retirement income is is the major factor in how well you live as a retiree. It takes a higher income today than it did a few years ago due to increases in electricity, fuel, prices in the grocery store, etc. Actually, a limited retirement income seemed to go further when the rate of exchange was lower than it does now. Prices were certainly lower and more stable than they are now. You got fewer pesos for your dollar, but those pesos seemed to go further.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Once you are "settled" you can get by on $2000 or so a month!

However! A house,furniture,appliances,"electric system",a car Will set you back 100 to 300 thousand US! You can spend more,or less,depending on location,and lifestyle,but it is NEVER cheap here! Tom