Upscale Clohing Stores

3piece

Jan 1, 2002
Can anyone tell me the name and location of upscale clothing stores or malls in Santo Domingo?

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Go to Bella Vista Mall down on Sarasota Ave, Acropolis Plaza on Winston Churchill Ave.....lemme think.....sorry thats what crossed my mind for now. And to think, I haven't been to DR since those malls were still being built! Its good to have people you know down there

sjoekik

Feb 7, 2002
First define what upscale means to you. There is a Zara, Mango, Naf-Naf, Lab, Benetton in those malls plus some smaller boutiques but nothing I would call upscale.

3piece

Jan 1, 2002
sjoekik said:
First define what upscale means to you. There is a Zara, Mango, Naf-Naf, Lab, Benetton in those malls plus some smaller boutiques but nothing I would call upscale.

So are you saying that there are no upscale stores in SD?

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
There is Tommy Hilfger and Oscar de la Renta at Plaza Central if they are considered upscale. If you look in the sociales of the newspapers about the high rollers in the dr and their upscale clothes sometimes it will say where they got their clothes.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Alotta people over there think of Tommy Hilfiger or Nautica as upscale but what the rich folks do is just catch a plane on a Friday afternoon to Miami and go back Sunday night or Monday morning......you gotta see the wave of people showing up on weekends at Dadeland Mall or The Falls or Bal Harbour. Also, what some stores do is that they bring in the occasional Versace, Armani, whatever tickles their fancy. I don't know where you can go nowadays since its been a while for me since I was there but try looking around in the malls I mentioned in my other post

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
I'm sure golo knows where the expensive stuff is sold. He be knowin'.

j

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Who buys "Off The Rack?"

Easy to have your clothes "Made To Order" here!You pick style,colors,fabric,tailor,and away you go!My wife goes to a woman in Arroyo Hondo who makes almost all her clothes except "jeans". It probably costs less than shopping at "Diamond Mall",and/or "Plaza Central".She never sees another woman wearing the same dress!CRIS

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Plaza Bolera also has some nice stores, like Fa?onable.

Casa Virginia also has some designer clothes and there is a Hugo Boss store in the small plaza next to Plaza Bolera.

arenas809

May 22, 2002
Jon S. said:
Alotta people over there think of Tommy Hilfiger or Nautica as upscale but what the rich folks do is just catch a plane on a Friday afternoon to Miami and go back Sunday night or Monday morning......you gotta see the wave of people showing up on weekends at Dadeland Mall or The Falls or Bal Harbour. Also, what some stores do is that they bring in the occasional Versace, Armani, whatever tickles their fancy. I don't know where you can go nowadays since its been a while for me since I was there but try looking around in the malls I mentioned in my other post

Jon, there was a discussion about this maybe a month or 2 ago, and that's exactly what I said, I live and go to school here in Miami, and if you want to know about fashion, this is the place to be. I wouldn't ask Golo advice for clothing unless I was in need of a new pair of fila's.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
arenas809 said:
Jon, there was a discussion about this maybe a month or 2 ago, and that's exactly what I said, I live and go to school here in Miami, and if you want to know about fashion, this is the place to be. I wouldn't ask Golo advice for clothing unless I was in need of a new pair of fila's.

Yeah I still remember seeing the thread, I think I posted something there too. I dunno about the Fila's thing, man, they still get play in Europe where most fashion comes from anyways......Jay-Z had some Fila jacket or sweater in the liner note pictures of The Blueprint 2 album. Jay-Z is considered the biggest promoter of high-class fashions in the hip-hop world(after Puffy, of course), besides he has his own clothing label.....yeah I wouldn't take anyone's advice on shopping from this board, I'm alright regardless of me being here or in DR. Over there Diesel gets play like it's the last Coke in the desert, over here its just another brand name, Facconable also gets too much love in DR, but then again I don't mind seeing the stretch jeans on those girls down there, pantalones "chicle".......its always a good thing unless the girl's too big :devious:

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
high fashion...

It doesn't get any better than old, faded Levi's, dirty boots and a black, Allman Brothers Band concert T-shirt. Now, THAT's fashionable. Cap on backwards. If forward, you're trying to be too cool.

-Jose?to
Member of the 70's Preservation Society

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Re: high fashion...

jose?to said:
It doesn't get any better than old, faded Levi's, dirty boots and a black, Allman Brothers Band concert T-shirt. Now, THAT's fashionable. Cap on backwards. If forward, you're trying to be too cool.

-Jose?to
Member of the 70's Preservation Society

Dunno about the dirty boots, man......being in the military makes me wanna have my boots clean at all time, you could see your reflection off my boots hehe

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
Just to clarify...

Eve (a.k.a. Evie E, the first lady of Ruff Ryders, a pit bull in a skirt) is THE high fashion arbiter of hip hop. Jay-Z knows how to take Beyonc?'s advice but even Lil Romeo has better stylists.

Dominican content: none of these artists are scheduled to appear in the country at this time.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Re: Just to clarify...

arturo said:
Eve (a.k.a. Evie E, the first lady of Ruff Ryders, a pit bull in a skirt) is THE high fashion arbiter of hip hop. Jay-Z knows how to take Beyonc?'s advice but even Lil Romeo has better stylists.

Dominican content: none of these artists are scheduled to appear in the country at this time.

Damn thnx for reminding me, she sure looks good in a skirt too. If you check out a site called Uepa.com they show pics from when P. Diddy was down in DR a few months ago, just do a search for his name and he sure as can be, was there.......I dunno about Romeo being more stylish than Jay, if it wasn't for Jay high fashion wouldn't be as big as it is in rap nowadays......I've got some info from some Ruff Rydin' friends that Eve wanted to go down there for a vacation, they promote for Ruff Ryders and they asked DMX if he wanted to go to DR and do a concert and just chill for a week or two........just some insider stuff

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Santo Domingo has up scale clothing stores.

Take a look in Acropolis, also you will find them located
between the 5-6 blocks which make up "little Manhattan" here.
You will find Boss, Armani, Ungaro, Valentino etc etc.
Plus local designer labels have small outlets located in this area.

The prices are high and the selection low. This is not Manhattan...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: Santo Domingo has up scale clothing stores.

Robert said:
Take a look in Acropolis, also you will find them located
between the 5-6 blocks which make up "little Manhattan" here.
You will find Boss, Armani, Ungaro, Valentino etc etc.
Plus local designer labels have small outlets located in this area.

The prices are high and the selection low. This is not Manhattan...

That where you get all your designer bluejeans? LOL